film questions

joyride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
cognizantcog.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently ran out of my bulk roll of HP5 and went looking for some more. I found that I had another roll, so that made me happy. However, when I was at the camera store, the guy there said they were having a hard time getting anything in bulk! Then he followed that most companies werent going to make bulk anymore. Im hoping that he was full of it, which I can see as very plausible. So I went onto B&H and they had a lot on there. I was thinking of going with T-max 400 this time. I noticed they had one that was $43, and an import that is only $27. Anyone purchased inported film from them? At that cost, it seems like a no-brainer for me as Im not too picky with my film yet. Other than that, can anyone recommend any other film to try? I would like to try and get the feel for some diffeerent types to see what I like best.

well, I think I even prefer T-Max over Hp5 (it's the half of the price over here and there's no significant difference for me). My fav is still Tri-X but it's kinda hard to get so I almost totally switched to T-Max. Kodak is my fav. brand, there films create that style I like to get. there's generally not much difference between brands, my advice: stick onto one type film, explore it's possibilities and try to get the best results. switching is not the best to achieve perfect results.

The import, as far as I can determine, is identical to the high price spread. I buy the import wherever possible.

Film keeps for several years past its expiration date if you put it in a freezer bag and freeze it. Thaw for a day or two at room temperature before popping it into the ol' Watson.

i have used a lot of HP5 and i like both T-Max 400 and 100 better when developed with t-max developer, however, the ilford panF 50 is what i use most of the time when im doing stuff where i know there will be alot of light, though with a red filter and a polarizer, a tripod is a must.
in the landscape and geberal forums i have some stuff posted from the panf if you want to look at it.

Most reactions

Back