Film Rewind

Matty-Bass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think i may have one problem with my camera. Should the camera picture dial that tells you how many pics you have left go down when you rewind the film? Cuz I was snapping some pictures without film in the camera and it went up. So when I put in my film the dial was already at 8. And when I got to 34 pictures on the dial, I knew the roll had to be done, yet it was still advancing normally.

Now the weird thing is, when I rewound my film (pressed the film rewind button and cranked it) it felt it was resisting and when it stopped resisting I assumed that it was done rolling. So I'm pretty sure it was advancing properly. To make sure it was wound ocmpletely I went in a pitch black room and opened up the camera. The roll was all wound up, so thats good I guess. We'll see when I develop my pictures. But right now, my dial is at the maximum of 38 pictures and when I snap a picture it stays put. Is this a tiny adjustment?

Normally, the counter should reset when you open up the back of the camera. It sounds like it's stuck. Not really a problem for picture taking, just annoying because you have to keep track of how many shots left. It may just need a little cleaning.

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/1970-1975/data/1971_ftb_s.html

"Counts up from 0 to 40. Resets automatically when camera back is opened"

Have a quick nose at it and see if something needs a clean or something. Perhaps something is sticking? If you have no joy take it along to a camera shop. I'd expect it to be pretty easy to fix, if you know your onions.

hehe, thank you very much ferny! That nailed it! I so dumbdumb sometimes

:blushing:

Most reactions

Back