Film Scanner

acparsons

Photo Hunter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All,

I'm looking for a film(120mm and 35mm) scanner for under $200. The Canoscan 4400F looks promising from the reviews. The Epson V370 looks like it can do the job. Does anyone have another recommendation?

Best,

AC

Hello All,

I'm looking for a film(120mm and 35mm) scanner for under $200. The Canoscan 4400F looks promising from the reviews. The Epson V370 looks like it can do the job. Does anyone have another recommendation?

Best,

AC
Macro lens and a dslr if you have one. I'm not versed in scanners, I have a V800 Epson.

I've got an older CanoScan 9000F Mark II. I've adapted it to scan 4x5 (5x4 for those of you on the far side of the pond).

The Epson V370 and Canonscan 4400 only scan 35mm. You need the Epson V600. It scans both 35mm and 120 film plus photos. I have used the V600 for years. You can see samples on my Flickr page. It's a good unit.

The Epson V600 and Epson V800 seem to be the go to scanners when photographers share what they are using. I was not ready for that yet so I bought a small Magnasonic from Amazon. It seems to do what I ask is all film formats. Although the V600 and V800 are probably going to give you a better experience. Let us know what you decide. =]

The Epson flatbeds do a good job on 120 film and up but for 35mm the results are so so. I'm spoiled though as I work at a lab that uses a Noritsu 1800 series commercial scanner.

Hello All,

Best,

AC
Macro lens and a dslr if you have one. I'm not versed in scanners, I have a V800 Epson.

Thank you all, this is a really awesome forum. Here's a quick test with a DSLR(DSLR Shop) and a macro vs. the film place scan(Print Shop). I'm sure that I'll get better at it. Looks like I found my scanner.

Photo Scan by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Hello All,

Best,

AC

Thank you all, this is a really awesome forum. Here's a quick test with a DSLR(DSLR Shop) and a macro vs. the film place scan(Print Shop). I'm sure that I'll get better at it. Looks like I found my scanner.

Photo Scan by Machiavelliar, on Flickr

Cool. Lots of YouTube videos on the subject.

I use an Epson V600- works great.

Most reactions

Back