film scores (i.e., movie music)

Reaction score
Website
crimsonfoxphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, everyone.

I got into photography as a result of watching so many movies and soaking in all the great cinematography. In fact, photography is a path for me to become a cinematographer someday. The name "Crimson Fox" is more than simply a name but a cinematic character I created, hence I want my business to [ultimately] be modeled to offer a cinematic experience.

I still love movies and movie music to this day. I think it'd be awesome to offer movie music as a part of DVD Slideshows. I'm curious as to whether or not anyone else has looked into this. There's no doubt that this will be expensive, but I'm a firm believer in the fact that people will pay what they value for what they want and can afford. I would either include this as an optional add-on to pitch to only certain clients or as a part of a very high-end package. Any perspective someone can give before I start making the phone calls?

Sounds like a great idea. How would you go about licensing the music? Also keep in mind that DP and photographer are two very different things, but I guess you already know that.

Love & Bass

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea. How would you go about licensing the music? Also keep in mind that DP and photographer are two very different things, but I guess you already know that.

Love & Bass

I haven't gone down the road of figuring out what needs to be done to license. That was part of the point of my post to see what avenues, if any, others had taken to do so. My first step will likely be to simply contact the studios directly until they lead me to the right person.

As for DP, I realize that there are many technical differences, but there are definitely similarities as well. I wouldn't be a photographer today if it wasn't for cinematography. I'm developing my creative eye and some of the thought processes associated with executing the vision. I have no doubt that it will translate effectively when the time comes; but Photography is merely a foundation, nothing more.

depends on what you are using it for, i don't think it would be an issue at all. i have been in the music biz for awhile, playing guitar in various bands and working with a handful of labels. i also run my HD video studio and we shoot music videos to weddings, etc. photography just stems from all of that. i love it all so i do it all. in my experience if you are including music that is already copyritten, that will be in a production which will NOT be sold, then you are fine. if it will not be duplicated for sale at stores, etc. this product you are looking to turn out is along the same lines as...pick 3 of your fav songs for your wedding photo montage. no one is going to come after you for a DVD of someone's wedding that has the theme from dirty dancing in it...or whatever. just to be original i have composed and recorded my own music to lay in the background of promo DVDs that i hand out to potential clients.

There are libraries of royalty free music available for purchase, usually marketed to to the video production industry. Its not going to be hit songs, but at least it a onetime purchase, and you can legally use it as much as you want in your products.

Being able to yous "their song" in a clients wedding sideshow would be nice, but I'm sure that there will be some hoops to jump through to make it legitimate, Although if you could get the rights to use one song for one sideshow only for the client, I wouldn't think that the price would be too much. Its not as if you wanted to license the song for your ads or website.

There are libraries of royalty free music available for purchase, usually marketed to to the video production industry. Its not going to be hit songs, but at least it a onetime purchase, and you can legally use it as much as you want in your products.

Being able to yous "their song" in a clients wedding sideshow would be nice, but I'm sure that there will be some hoops to jump through to make it legitimate, Although if you could get the rights to use one song for one sideshow only for the client, I wouldn't think that the price would be too much. Its not as if you wanted to license the song for your ads or website.

Yeah, I will be using one of this sites with royalty-free music for the default option for at least mid-range packages. Ultimately, I want the have top notch music included and as an optional add-on for everyone else. I understand that there will be hoops, but once I familiarize myself with what they are, i'll be the only guy in town with the option. MIDI's too TV movie and too typical for slideshows for me.

Most reactions

Back