film shot with a digital SLR

explody pup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've tried searching for this thread but I guess I'm not putting in the right criteria.

I'm looking for a thread from a couple months ago (probably more than a year) about a film that was shot with a digital SLR, frame by frame. Stop'n'go motion and all that jazz. About a guy who saves a girl from getting mugged/raped. I'm 90% sure I saw it on this forum.

I keep telling a friend about it but I can't seem to find it.

Can any of you fine folks point me in the right direction?

Thanks, in advance, for any replies.

I remember it...don't think it was as long ago as you're saying, but I could be wrong. I'll try and look when I get a chance.

It was Tim Burtons 'Corpse Bride'

Corpse Bride is the first movie to be shot with digital still cameras. Previous stop-motion movies (such as Aardman Animations' Chicken Run) were shot on modified Mitchell film cameras, the same old cameras used to shoot King Kong. The camera chosen for production was the Canon EOS-1D Mark II digital still camera. Additional work was required to develop systems to permit precise camera positioning, the mounting of Nikon optical lenses, and previewing a scene in camera. Corpse Bride was also the first stop-go animated film to use Final Cut PRO.

Heres the thread

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26987&highlight=burtons+corpse+bride

Most reactions

Back