Film SLR

Omar Abbas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody,

I am just having some questions about two things:

First, I would like to know if i can put pics of Film SlR cameras on the computer or not ??????

Second, I would like to know about what Shutter speed and Aperture size should i use when Photographing Skateboarding pics ?????
Also, it would me very nice if you gave some tips about skateboarding photography.

Really guys i am very new to this forum, so if i posted any of these questions in the wrong place, just tell me.

First, yes, you can put them on the computer. When you are dropping them off for developing, ask them to scan the negatives onto a CD. They will charge something like $3 extra for this.

Second, there's no all around answer for that. If you want to stop the action, use a wide open aperture and a fast shutter speed. (lower aperture number, higher shutter speed) If you want to pan with the skater to try and keep the skater sharp with a bit of blur in the background to show motion, it would be the opposite, but this is much harder to do properly.

Welcome to TPF!

I recommend buying a photography book at your local bookstore. You will learn a lot of useful things.

There is some information in this article that might help you, as well. The whole series is very informative, and there's more to come.

In the meantime, check out books on basic photography from the library and study them, as well. The basics have not changed! :D

:D Thank you very much guys for this usefull information. I have got already a photography field guide book. It is really helping me alot.
Thank you all very much.

Most reactions

Back