Film Suggestions?

Meeskephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I recently found a few old 35mm film cameras and got them all fixed up for use, I'm excited to go play with them. I'm on here to ask for some advice in the form of film choice. I have only ever used basic Arista premium 400ISO B/W film, because that is what we used in my film class at school, But I am looking for something different maybe some color or chrome film? Different ISO's? Just stuff to boost creativity and photo ops. If anybody has any suggestions on their fave film and what kind of photos they work best for I'd love to hear.

Post this in the film area to get more suggestions.

I don't use color so I can' t recommend one, however, I use ilford b/w films as do most of my students.

Kodak Portra is the way to go with color my man. Keep in mind that it holds a slight cyan/blue color cast in natural lighting so it may take a bit of color correcting if you are doing landscapes but it is an excellent all-around film and especially good for portraits as the name implies.

PS: Try Illford Delta 3200 for some fun grainy fast black and white. super fun.

For daylight colour film, I like Fuju Velvia; it's more saturated than most Kodak products and great for landscapes & nature shooting.

Kodak Portra 160 and Kodak Ektar 100 are my favorites so far. I dont shoot much black and white but the Ilford 100 wasnt bad. Picked up a few boxes of Ilford Pan F Plus that ive been wanting to try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back