Film with no subject, and a bit of heartache.

Sideburns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, some of you may have seen my other thread...

Well, I bought some Ilford Pan-F Plus 50, because I like the results others have been getting, so I thought I'd check it out.

Now, I was all set to take my girlfriend around and finish off the roll in one go. She's really nice in B&W lol. Anyway, this weekend she decides that she wants a break. Her reason? "I don't love you anymore". Well, that's a shocker...how do you just stop loving someone? I understand maybe "I'm not IN love anymore"...but....I dono.

So now I'm sitting here wondering whether I'll ever see her again, and wishing I'd had the opportunity to at least have had that day to take pictures instead of trying to listen to her tell me to "not be upset".

Oh well.

Sure, I was bummed about not getting to do the B&W shots with her...but what just happened? I thought today "Oh, I'm gonna call Jocelyne and see what she did today"....but then I realized I'm not supposed to...

I proposed that we should go through with the break for a month and have fun and do whatever...and then go on a "first date" on Valentine's day...and see what happens then. She agreed. I hope it works out.

Hmmph.

Sorry to add to the crappy mood in OT lately, but I had to say somethin...it's kinda killin me...

Too bad I can't put my heart in the fridge, as well...ahaha

Such things always work out. Someday you will look back an find all things happen for a reason. The answers are all hidden now, but believe me it'll all be fine. Experience each day as a new beginning. And never look for the end.

It is probably better you do not have the exposures at this point so you are motivated to find someone new to work with and not stuck in the recent past. :camera: = icebreaker!

Sounds like you are being strong & will not make the mistake of pursuing her right now. I tried that one before and it gets humiliating real fast. :confused:

So chin up lad, you got your looks, youth & skills working for ya :thumbup:

-Shea

It is probably better you do not have the exposures at this point so you are motivated to find someone new to work with and not stuck in the recent past. :camera: = icebreaker!

Sounds like you are being strong & will not make the mistake of pursuing her right now. I tried that one before and it gets humiliating real fast. :confused:

So chin up lad, you got your looks, youth & skills working for ya :thumbup:

-Shea

Thanks. Yes, I am trying to be strong...I've been around the block a few times, and despite my age have become quite mature in these matters...

She has been talking to me...and I've tried to stay short with my replies. Once today I thought to myself that I shouldn't reply...because it would be better...but I started shaking and couldn't hold back tears. I walked away from the computer and came back later...it's so hard when all you want to do is talk, but you have to be the one who is strong...
She also called me today to read me her story...I told her normally I'd love to hear it, but right now I just didn't want to listen to it. She said "when should I call you then?" and I said "Don't...I'll call you."

I'm going to keep her waiting. Hopefully she'll realize what she's missing. Perhaps I'll call her next week.

If it doesn't work out...I know there's plenty of fish, and all that...
I just don't much enjoy fishing. I'm a one fish type of guy.

Thanks though for the suggestion...if it comes to that...I'm sure I can meet a girl with the camera....maybe even a girl who shares my interests.

Until then, I'll just remain hopeful, and perhaps her original love will return.

wow...there must be something wrong with me...I'm taking this far too well...

Sounds like you really love her.

I find it strange (but very womanly) that she says she needs a break and the day after calls you several times. What's the point of the "break", then? She's making things harder...

Sounds like you really love her.

I find it strange (but very womanly) that she says she needs a break and the day after calls you several times. What's the point of the "break", then? She's making things harder...

Well that's what I thought too.
She said she wanted to see each other less during christmas break to try and see if THAT would work. But she kept inviting me to do things, and coming over. I saw her probably 4 times a week when normally I'd see her once. She's quite confusing. But this time I'm basically forcing her to go through with it, because I want her to know what it's like without me.

Thanks for any comments so far guys, it's been helpful to talk to someone else for a change. All of my normal friends are my age...so having a vast array of support on here is great as well.

Well that's what I thought too.
She said she wanted to see each other less during christmas break to try and see if THAT would work. But she kept inviting me to do things, and coming over. I saw her probably 4 times a week when normally I'd see her once. She's quite confusing. But this time I'm basically forcing her to go through with it, because I want her to know what it's like without me.

Thanks for any comments so far guys, it's been helpful to talk to someone else for a change. All of my normal friends are my age...so having a vast array of support on here is great as well.

Yeah women can be a pain in that way. Be strong it could be worse she could already have said there was no way and still come up and want to have sex or something... That makes things a lot harder. I've actually only ever had the more frustrating version where it was everything but sex before and after we broke up...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back