Filter for Sigma APO DG 70-300

wmspringer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,

I recently bought my first DSLR, a Canon Rebel XTi, and a Sigma APO DG 70-300 to go with it. I also got a couple of lens filters to protect the lenses.

I can get a filter on the kit lens with no trouble, but the ones I have don't seem to fit the Sigma lens (even though I got the one that Amazon had listed for "better together"). What should I be using to protect my telephoto lense?

I purchased the canon haze filter then fits on the kit lens, works perfectly fine for me. Is the filter screwing on to tight?

They're difference sizes...
You gotta buy one that is bigger.
the kit lens is 58mm.

this thread is useless without filter measurements.

Nevermind, I got it working.

For future reference, the kit lense and the Sigma are both 58mm

Well thanks...didn't check the filter measurements...assumed that's why it wasn't fitting.

What was the problem?

Well thanks...didn't check the filter measurements...assumed that's why it wasn't fitting.

What was the problem?

Not sure. Before I posted I was putting the filter on the kit lens and taking it off again with no trouble, but couldn't get it to go on the sigma; went back later and it fit. Obviously must have been doing something wrong; probably I didn't use enough force before or something (I'm always afraid of breaking expensive equipment!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back