Filters for canon 700D

Distracto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys,
Im in search of some filters, mostly ND filters for long exposure during daylight. Im assuming that an ND 8 filter is enough for most daylight situations.

I came across these filters for thos ridiculous price ! My question is, has anyone bought these off ebay or anywhere else, would you reccomend me buying them ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-20-08-12-05.jpeg
    Screenshot_2015-05-20-08-12-05.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 114
Hi guys,
Im in search of some filters, mostly ND filters for long exposure during daylight. Im assuming that an ND 8 filter is enough for most daylight situations.

I came across these filters for thos ridiculous price ! My question is, has anyone bought these off ebay or anywhere else, would you reccomend me buying them ?

you can try the $5 ND ebay filters, they work (make sure you get the correct size)
but if you do a lot of long exposures you may want a better set and possibly a graduated ND filter

Nope, stay away from super cheap filters as they are normally not good optically and can degrade image quality and impact on sharpness. Unless you really have no alternitive or are wanting to experiment to get an idea of how the filters work.

I did buy my filters from e-bay, but I was looking for something spesific and knew what I was buying.

There was a old forum member bought a new Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 lens and thought something wrong with the lens because the images captured with that lens were soft. And at the end, he mentioned the problem was the filter that he used in front of the lens. Once that was removed, photos were sharp.

So in general, there is a higher chance that those low cost filters will degrade the images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back