filters

klissarov ik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have a little question about my two lenses.

tokina 12-24mm
nikon 18-200mm

i don't remember if it's on ebay but i've read that the filter sizes of the nikon must be 77mm, and tokina 72mm.... now i'm looking on other sites and they both say 72mm.

can y'all help me with this little problem
thanks

Just look on the bottom of your Nikkor, it will tell you how large the filter size is for it. dunno about the tokina.

go to B&H and look up the specific lenses that you bought and then go to the specs and it will tell you what size filter to buy. I am almost positive that the Nikkor 18-200 is only a 67mm but I could be wrong. 77mm is friggin huge and filters for that size are going to cost you a small fortune.

Then I'd say you are out of luck and need to buy 2 filters, one for each lens. I heard there are some filter adapters out there, but never tried them myself. And yes, with those diameters, good filters cost a small fortune. Which ones were you planning to buy?

Then I'd say you are out of luck and need to buy 2 filters, one for each lens. I heard there are some filter adapters out there, but never tried them myself. And yes, with those diameters, good filters cost a small fortune. Which ones were you planning to buy?

I think an adapter ring is a good idea here, it will save some money. so you only have to buy the filters for the larger size.

hey, beyond 80mm is where it gets expensive :p

what is ND and graduated?
i was planning to buy a UV & Polarizer for each lens.

so you suggesting me to buy a adapter ring? that wouldn't be a bad idea, i'd save some money that way. i'll go check out at the store how much it is.

by the way- is there a difference between a polarizer filter and a circular polarzier one? or it's just a different way to call it?

You need circular for auto focus to work properly

I would only buy filters the size of your largest lens and then buy step down rings. It will save you A LOT of money after a few filters

Most reactions

Back