Filters

bemmermazda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

Im looking for some filters, mainly polarizing and ND. I have telephoto and wide angle. Wide angle is 55mm and the telephoto is 58mm. That is my problem, filters are expensive and i do not want to buy two of all filters. Any solution to this?

Just buy a filter with the biggest thread (58mm in your case) and buy some step-up rings (or step-down, cant remember what its called, something like that though)

Do you have ZOOM lenses!??! If so, I'd be more worried about that low light shot you asked about earlier. When I said a "normal" lens, I meant a normal lens, which is photo-speak for a 50 mm prime (non-zoom) lens.

It's called a normal because 50 mm focal length on a 35 mm camera gives a perspective which is most similar to what a human eye would see at that same spot. A shorter focal length gives fish-eye wide-angle, and a longer F-length gives a flattened telephoto perspective.

Prime lenses have fewer lens elements than an equivalent zoom lens, so they let in more light, and are "faster", and have substantially better low light performance.

i have a 300mm but mainly use my 28-80mm. I assume that will be alright.

One train of thought is that if you have good glass, even so-so glass, why would you put inferior plastic in front of it?

As "doenoe" said, you can buy for the largest filter size lens you have and then get the step-up/down adapters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back