Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p779020401-4.jpg

I love this shot.
What do you think about a tighter crop? My eyes are drawn more to the open space on the left hand side.

This is really beautiful, Federico. Seriously cool shot and I don't mind the framing.

I'm not a fan of post-processing images too much, but since this is such an artsy shot I feel like my instinct would be to de-saturate the grass a little bit so that the red of the car stands out against it a bit more. At this point they're blending together a bit — which is a nice effect in and of itself, don't get me wrong — but it also seems to rob the vehicle of a bit of impact. It's still the focal point but it's got more competition this way. Dunno, just thinking out loud there.

Either way an excellent shot, very evocative. :)

This is absolutely beautiful! Looks to me like there is too much pink, or magenta as michaelleggero said as well. I don't mind the framing either, the debris in the upper left make the large open space less awkward.

Desaturate this a bit, the story becomes more prominent; the decorativenss of the colour gives no room to think the story of the car

Regards

the tree branch in the foreground is somehow distracting... the the sky looks like is it overexposed and that for the white space at the horizon...

but i like your subject and composition

keep it up ^_^

What do you think about a tighter crop?
While I like this crop, I think a tighter crop would work as well. I wouldn't chop too much, though...

I'm not a fan of post-processing images too much, but since this is such an artsy shot I feel like my instinct would be to de-saturate the grass a little bit so that the red of the car stands out against it a bit more. At this point they're blending together a bit — which is a nice effect in and of itself, don't get me wrong — but it also seems to rob the vehicle of a bit of impact. It's still the focal point but it's got more competition this way. Dunno, just thinking out loud there.
Thank you, Marius. Believe it or not, the whole image is desaturated a bit, the grass in particular. I agree, desaturating the grass some more could help in separating the car from the background.

it looks liek there is too much magenta in it... doesn't look like a natural sunset or sunrise, lacks the orange/yellow of a sunset/sunrise
Looks to me like there is too much pink, or magenta as michaelleggero said as well.
Thanks, Michael and ayeelkay. I wasn't really going for a natural sunset. I did not add any magenta/pink in post – I always shoot my sunsets with the WB set to shade, so I could get these tones in camera.

Desaturate this a bit, the story becomes more prominent; the decorativenss of the colour gives no room to think the story of the car
Thanks, Frequency. Like I mentioned above, this has already been desaturated some. I might try desaturating it a bit more and see what I get.

the tree branch in the foreground is somehow distracting...
I agree fully.

the the sky looks like is it overexposed and that for the white space at the horizon...
I don't agree :) It's the rest of the image that's somewhat dark, and makes it seem that that portion of the sky is overexposed.

Thanks everybody for your feedback!

Just a touch too much magenta for my liking but an otherwise really nice shot!

i like the composition overall.
although the saturation in the sky is really distracting me .

Love this shot, I have a gallery dedicated to old cars like this. wish this location was close to me!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back