Finally after Years-Warning Carnivorous

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had just returned from a week on business in Vancouver and have to go again on Monday, I managed to squeeze in a few hours and am I glad I did. I invited Airic, and he is sick so he could not drag his sorry butt out. Well I was greatly rewarded. I have been chasing Canada's smallest and most elusive Owl, the Saw Whet Owl. So here are some, remember this Owl is only 6 inches big, the size of a Robin. I found him just after he hunted and before his meal.

The Eyes of Hunger

SW1e.jpg

SW2e.jpg

The stare down

SW3e.jpg

The Feast

SW4e.jpg

Only the tail to go.

SW5e.jpg

Time for a nap.

SW6e.jpg

woodsac said:
Simply amazing...nothing else :)

Agreed. How you managed to get in so close and capture this event, i'll never know. Superb
:thumbup:

Owl never be able to figure out how you got that series of amazing pics.

Maybe I'm the bad luck when we go out :( Of all the times we have hiked together this winter and today you find the prize. My 80-400 and one D-70 in the shop at Nikon and I'm sicker then I have been in years, man it can't get any worse :( I need a beer.

You did a great job and what a find. Sure wish I was there. I will be back in action next weekend.

Eric

Thanks guys, these Owls are elusive, but quite tame compared to others, it is the finding of them that is challenging, they are so small. This one was no bigger than my fist. This makes my Winter.

WOW!!! Brilliant photography Peter. These should be in a magazine man... Simply amazing!!!!!!

wow, these are incredidle. Really great shots. Cant believe you can just find owls flying around at your place. Im not even gonna try it here. :)

Most reactions

Back