FINALLY captured the turkey.. and a small bonus bird!

KalitheArtist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is a family of turkeys, about 8 or so of them, that roam around my house and my neighbors. I've been stalking them from my windows for days, despite the rainy, crap weather. So early one morning, I was letting the dogs out and saw the turkeys. I grabbed my camera, (poor dogs had to wait to go out), and I ran out behind my fence and stalked them quietly for about 30 minutes. I have taken a bunch of photos of these guys, on different days, and this is the only one that has come in clear. I'm proud of myself for it. Haha.

The picture underneath was taken today at walmart, with my 55mm. I was in the flower section and I saw him fly up to the fence. So I put my camera to my face and inched every so slowly taking shots every step. I got to about 3 feet away from the little guy before he flew away. In my opinion it was a win!

turkey_zpspc5ienwb.jpg

229624d25aa809f7dc686f6ec67a1ac2

Well done, especially the Striated pardalot they are skittish. like wrens. Your capture looks like a very young bird. TFS Cheers

Pete

nice. there were a bunch of turkeys running around in my neighborhood not that long ago.. got my camera and went to find them and they were gone..

Well done, especially the Striated pardalot they are skittish. like wrens. Your capture looks like a very young bird. TFS Cheers

Pete

Thank you! Im very proud of myself. Thats the is my first clear bird photo I've ever taken. The turkey on the other hand took days to get a decent shot.

nice. there were a bunch of turkeys running around in my neighborhood not that long ago.. got my camera and went to find them and they were gone..

Keeps happening to me too, either wrong lens, not focused, lens cap, car scaring them, no memory card. They're fast and they fly. Lol gotta keep looking out the windows. Eventually they'll show up.

Thank you!

WTG on your tenacity. There is a saying : if anything moves in the woods a bear will smell it, a deer will hear it and a turkey will see it. They have great sight and that is what makes it hard usually to get good pics.

WTG on your tenacity. There is a saying : if anything moves in the woods a bear will smell it, a deer will hear it and a turkey will see it. They have great sight and that is what makes it hard usually to get good pics.

Huh, I didn't know there was a saying for it! (I'm from the south, so that's just common sense for me haha) Thank you so much! I'm really trying to sharpen my skills! =]

Nice shots got lots of turkeys in my area just gotta find them in a spot not way out in a field

Most reactions

Back