Finally got a d600.

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i got my d600 about a week ago. A friend of mine was kind enough to help me test it. I was able to test it shooting around the house but i wanted to shoot in the field with it. i was not sure about the 1/200th sync and some other stuff.

1. one of the thing i did was to shoot straight against the sun to see how the focus was going to react and how the flare is going to be controlled with a 85 1.8 G

i was quite happy with the result. it was hunting a bit but only when i had the sun so aligned with the camera that i was not able to see **** in the view finder any way.

4.jpg

4.jpg

the other thing i wanted to test is the flash sync speed, so i went at 1/200 F14 and shot this.
4.jpg

When the sun went down, i mean, reallllly down with almost no available light. i shot these

4.jpg

4.jpg

Coming from a d7000 setup, that camera is absolute known terrotories i am more than please with the d600. i was not sure if i was making a mistake by holding back on the d800 and getting the 600 instaid but this was the perfect camera for me and for what i do. im might sell the d7000 and get another one. The only thing i didn't like about the camera is all those focus point cramped in the middle of the view finder. It was a pain at first, but i got used to it after a few hours. nothing major.

Attachments

• $4.jpg
    $4.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 127
Welcome Club 600 guy

^ beat me too it

Yeah, I actually turned off the 39 points and reduced it to 13 or whatever it is. Also worth noting is there is a setting so when you get to the points all the way to the edge, it will keep going and flip over to the other side. Might save you a few clicks if you need to get form side to the other in a hurry.

Nice shots and congrats on the camera. I'm a bit confused though about having to get use to the crammed focus points in the middle. If you come from the d7000 setup, aren't the focus points setup identical to that? Nice pics too.

Nice shots and congrats on the camera. I'm a bit confused though about having to get use to the crammed focus points in the middle. If you come from the d7000 setup, aren't the focus points setup identical to that? Nice pics too.

Because of the the sensor being larger, they cover a smaller part.

Because of the the sensor being larger, they cover a smaller part.

A smaller part of what?

Most reactions

Back