Finally Hosted Web Site.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well i actually finished my web site after putting it off for months. Granted, it still needs some work (payment system, etc). I'll need to get some work in now to fill up the gallery area a bit better. Any comments, errors, etc please point them out so i can fix them before too many people notice :lol:

I covered a car event today, the event organisers were actually pleased i did so and were more than happy to help out, as were the owners, too. Unfortunately i had to leave early but i got what i could while i was there.

Though i'd share as a lot of you are much more experienced in this sort of thing than me and any help/advice would be appreciated.. thanks for looking, too. :thumbup:

http://www.pughphotography.co.uk/index.html

I REALLY like the design and layout! Your logo is great, and everything is very clean and simple.

However, I think the text throughout needs some fine tuning. I think you can say what you want in a more direct way, and that will appeal to a much larger audience. I honestly had to read over your first page twice just to pick up what you were saying.

And try add some more pics to the gallery.

I looked but didnt notice anything about pices (other than the sale on 8x10's). If I missed, a client may miss it as well. If you are not posting prices, say that. If you are posting prices, try make them easy to find.

Congrats on the site - looks great!

I also love a clean look. My 2 cents-

* On the homepage, make the text under "Latest News" a clickable link to travel directly to that event's photos.

* I think there should be at least a space between the photo name and the two navigation buttons on either side. I think you could solve this by adding a non-breaking space ( " " ) at the beginning and end of your photo names.

Nice work otherwise! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the advice guys.

I know exactly what you are saying about the text - i think i'll need to re-write it or have someone else have their take on it for me.

I'll still trying to find people to model for me to build up the gallery a little bit with fresh portraits etc.

I did decide to leave pricing out of it other than for prints. I'll have a think about it though and possibly come up with some sort of structure.

Scole - good ideas there! i'll definitely use them, thanks!

OK, it's been a while since I first had my website hosted.. there's been a few changes.

Client Login
New Contact Form
Events Page Removed (events will be covered via client login, if I do any)
Shopping Cart (sort of) Added.

The main changes have been made to the services page. New layout, new gallery (more portraits to be added later this week), added prices etc.

Any thoughts on the services page? does it run quickly enough? look nice enough? easy enough to find services and pricing? easy enough to navigate the gallery thumbnails etc?

Any opinions, thoughts or improvements you can see I'd be interested to hear them.

Cheers guys. :)

www.pughphotography.co.uk

p.s. Haven't changed the text much since the site was first up. I'm going to get in about it tomorrow. I've been reading up on Guerilla marketing and the likes so I'm going to put some thought into it. Also the contact page image of myself will be changed as soon as I take a more professional shot once my shirts & fleece with my logo on arrive.

Last edited:
Why is it when I click on services, I only see a Slide show, Am I to asume you offer slide shows as your service?

Yeah it automatically shows the Gallery. There is a tab for the Services provided and a tab for the Pricing.. Would it be better to have the services tab the one that's automatically opened when going to the page do you think?

Is it really that difficult to see the services tab below? might have to rearrange that.

Keep the slide show to the gallery, make sure the first thing a customer sees on your services tab is your services.

Yup, thanks Speedtrap.. it does make sense and was overlooked at the time! I'll fix it right now. :)

(edit).. automatically loads the services tab now. text also been added to direct users to the tabs in case they're difficult to see.

Last edited:
Very professional and appears it does exactly what is needed. It's not too busy, yet still looks good on a wide monitor. Nice job. :)

Most reactions

Back