Finally made the DSLR purchase!

FancyFiona

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I finally purchased my first DSLR! I have to say that I LOVE it! I am so glad that I made this choice. I bought a used camera, but it is still in great shape. A Pentax K10D. I was able to get it for $300, $189 less than what they were asking for it! I couldn't believe that they came down on the price as much as they did, but I won't complain. I hope that this is a good price on this camera and that I didn't get ripped! Now, I just have to learn to use it...ha ha! I'm doing allright with the "automatic" settings, but beyond that I'm still alittle lost! Glad that I found this site, with great people, alot who seem to know their stuff so that I can get some pointers in the future!

Not bad.

Once you start understanding your camera (I hope you have the User Guide), then you may want to ask about manual options.

That's an AWSOME price, you've got a semi-pro/top end enthusiast camera that will do you well for a while to come. Excellent choice.

Not bad.

Once you start understanding your camera (I hope you have the User Guide), then you may want to ask about manual options.

I do. Just not enough time in the day to set and read it...ha! Oh yes, I have lots of questions!

That's an AWSOME price, you've got a semi-pro/top end enthusiast camera that will do you well for a while to come. Excellent choice.
Thank you. I am very excited. I am glad that you recommended the Pentax in one of my first post. That is when I started looking into them, reading reviews and so forth because I didn't know a thing about them. I was lucky to run across this one and think that I will be very happy with it!

I often wish that I would have bought into the Pentax system when I started. So many lenses! Congrats and have fun!

Derrick

You are lucky ... Pentax mount lenses are still at a good price used.

There is a nice Pentax FA SMC 50mm f/1.4 on eBay right now ... and lots of A's and M's ... M42's ...

That's an excellent price on a very solid body assuming it's not ready for the graveyard. I shoot w/ a k10d as my primary body and am very pleased with it and I'm sure you will be also. There are many excellent pieces of glass you use w/ your new k10d. Two which I highly recommend are the 50mm f/1.4 as noted above which retails for about $199 usually, and also the 77mm f/1.8 Limited which retails for around $675. Both are worth every penny. Enjoy the Pentax lineup.

Most reactions

Back