Finally, moving on.

[JR]

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.warpt.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If the military isn't your thing, or if you despise the army, maybe you shouldn't be reading this :)

I've been in Air Cadets for the past five years, but since I needed a job... and working behind a counter really isn't my thing at all, I figured I may as well move on from cdts and join the infantry.

Well, okay, sort of join the infantry =p I filled in my DND2170 (fancy name for application form) to join the Canadian Forces Primary Reserve in an infantry regiment, the Royal New Brusnwick Regiment, 2nd Batallion (2RNBR)... I'm just waiting for my interview now, hope it goes well. I've had my share of interviews as a senior cadet... so, that's cake.

Really looking forward to doing my BMQ/SQ and trade spec (DP1) during the weekends as opposed to a full blown 11 weeks of training this summer... oh, and as a bonus, the base pay is $80/day, which equates to $13/hr... not bad for a first job, part time even. Having been in cadets raises that to $15/hr after 6 months of service, but yeah, nice either way :)

Cheers, ~JR

Good luck and safe wishes.
I was in the army breifly and have many friends and family enlisted. I know how that stuff rolls.

Ill cross my finger for you! :)

Thank you Christina, it's a little weird though... when people ask you what's your job, they kind of expect "I work at Walmart" from a 16-17 year old student :p

BTW: That quote in your signature is quite inspirational, thank you for bringing hope to my friend who is living quite a dilemma at the moment :)

I'm an old hippie and likewise my attitude is anti-almost-anything-governmental-that-wants-to-get-in-my-business-and-particularly-war.

BUT, I always appreciate those that are willing to put their lives on the line so that I can have the attitude to be anti-almost-anything-governmental-that-wants-to-get-in-my-business-and-particularly-war.

Good luck.

I don't see it as politics or as a war-encouraging activity for that matter. I don't wish to debate on this, but what we really do in the world (most especially in Afghanistan) and what people and the media assume we do are two different things.

But if you want to keep the hippie attitude, I can't help you with that :)

[JR];1040075 said:
Thank you Christina, it's a little weird though... when people ask you what's your job, they kind of expect "I work at Walmart" from a 16-17 year old student :p

BTW: That quote in your signature is quite inspirational, thank you for bringing hope to my friend who is living quite a dilemma at the moment :)

age has no limits in this world anymore ;) its what your heart has to hold.

as the for the quotes, they both are my day to day inspiration.

well wishes!

Good luck JR with everything you do. I used to be a hippy, but grew up a long time ago :) :) :) Be happy, be safe, and we wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted.

Good luck - looking back I had the most fun and friends during my 7-8 yrs in the RAF

Most reactions

Back