Finally - My Camera arrives!

anthwinter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, i finaly recieved my Canon Rebel XT in the post today. i can now finally go out and shoot every one and everything! im so exited i feel like a kid! lol

I been waiting for a good camera to get into photography for years, i used to use a Casio Exilim which is a P&S but it got a broken lens and would focus properly.

playing with my canon just there i have alot to learn about how to use it (lots of functions) so i better get reading through the manual.

hopefully tomorow will be a good day to get some pics and show you all.

one thing my friend did with his canon that he really enjoyed was to change the color tone in the parameters section. Just bump it up some and your pictures will be much more vivid out of the camera, and as a result more rewarding for you, in my experience.

Got it with the kit lens? Wont be long before you're wanting that 50mm 1.8 mkII. Battery grip is another nice add on, especially if you have big hands... it adds much needed mass to the camera.

congrats!

congrats!!
I am still waiting for my 30D to show up :shaking: .
Keep watching the driveway.

thank you. ive look for that parameters section just quickly but cant find it. ill have to check the manual, unless u know how?

thank you. ive look for that parameters section just quickly but cant find it. ill have to check the manual, unless u know how?

i didnt know that either and i checked the manual for my xti and it starts on page 78 of the manual on how to adjust all that.

it should be under the first section when you press the menu button, it is where you can adjust the saturation, contrast, and sharpness, as well as change to black and white.

There is a custom function that changes the "OK" button I think it is (the one in the middle of the arrow pad) so that it activates the parameters with a single touch, instead of menu digging.

EDIT: my friends manual is here. It's actually in the second tab under the menus. the one with a camera and the number 2 next to it. It's at the bottom of the screen

EDIT again: oh and custom function number 1 allows you to set the "set" button (its OK on my camera, thats why I was confused) to change parameters. Choice 2 is the one you want for that.

Congrats! :thumbup:
I will receive my Rebel XT on Monday. :D

thakns ive found the paramaters now after your help!

yeah im trying to stay off auto, ive been messing around with my camera none stop i love it.

I aint all clued up on what everything is still and have yet to learn about lens'

thakns ive found the paramaters now after your help!

yeah im trying to stay off auto, ive been messing around with my camera none stop i love it.

I aint all clued up on what everything is still and have yet to learn about lens'

well, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

one thing my friend did with his canon that he really enjoyed was to change the color tone in the parameters section. Just bump it up some and your pictures will be much more vivid out of the camera, and as a result more rewarding for you, in my experience.

Found it thanks!

Thanks,
Trent

Congrats! My D80 just came in the mail this morning. I know what you mean, I just wanted to play with it all day :)

Got it with the kit lens? Wont be long before you're wanting that 50mm 1.8 mkII. Battery grip is another nice add on,
congrats!

How true!

Then comes the new glass ad flash and...
Just wait until you get your first 700pg catalog from B&H

Just remember that your fellow addicts here will love to help you spend your money :lol: and help you with any questions you might have.

Most reactions

Back