Finally My First Photos

Milhouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm finally taking pics. These are a couple of pics that I took on my first outing on a vacation in Greece. Please let me know how I did. The first 2 pics were cropped, all others are untouched. The last pic is from Ottawa not Greece.

Thanks for any comments (good or bad)

1538317746_db2e306ca9_o.jpg

1538312794_3856479536_o.jpg

1538307434_76ef7b047e_o.jpg

1538297276_3c27498a82_o.jpg

1538301796_26b2e51368_o.jpg

I'll concentrate on number three because it's my favorite. Great exposure and colors, first of all. The sky is a little overexposed, but not bad at all. I might consider cropping some of the top of the sky off though, right now it's sitting dangerously near the feared '50/50' composition. And whilst cropping some of the top off, maybe try and take the city on the right edge out. Sort of takes away a little bit from the ancient tone of the shot. If there had been more of the city, it might have worked as a 'mix of old and new' type of shot. They are all decent shots, and most of them are good. Nice work.

Trenton, I definately agree with the crop on the new city portion, its out of place. What do you mean about the "feared '50/50' composition". If its about having the Acropolis smack in the middle, then I think that the city crop would actually center it even more. I kinda like the clouds at the top, even though they remind me of the Simpsons. I would have to lose them completely. To get the Acropolis out of the center I think I would have to crop out almost all of the sky, leaving about only 1 inch.

As a side note 4 & 5 were taken from the same place, just in a different direction, and a couple of minutes apart. I think if I could mod the picks such that the sky in 5 would be more like the one in 4, then 5 would be my fav. As it stands, untouched, number 4 is the one for me.

Thanks for the comments

I liked 4 the most as well. I love the sky and the pattern of the sidewalk/path thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back