Finally starting a photography class!

Dubie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am starting a class at the end of the month. I tried as much as I could to learn on my own but I think I need a kickstart. A lot of it is very confusing. I got all these great ideas but clueless at how to put them in a photograph, at least the mechanics of it.

I am taking Introduction to Cameras and composition.

This is the description. Does this sound like I am going in the right direction?

Integrating both mechanical and artistic principles to record photographic images, this course is designed to provide information applicable to digital or film cameras, lenses, exposure, and concept development. Students also review photographic works that have been major influences and reflect broader artistic and societal issues. No laboratory. It is recommended that students provide a 35 MM film or digital SLR camera capable of manual exposure adjustment

Sounds just like the photo 101 classes at my local community collage. The only part that bothers me is the "no laboratory" part which I found extremely important.

Sounds just like the photo 101 classes at my local community collage. The only part that bothers me is the "no laboratory" part which I found extremely important.

I can always do that another semester. I need to learn to use the camera first. :wink:

i think it sounds like a good start. I would definitely take the lab if you can. Though its highly unlikely most will use a dark room its still great to learn how to develop your own photos. I really loved that class when i took it.

If you have a digital SLR there are several free classes you can take online as well as others where you can get your certificate in. I just thought i would through that out there in case you are interested.

Do you have links for these?

Thanks you all. I am really hyped. Unfortunately, I am one of those people that need to have "hands-on" at first with someone showing me and explaining everything. Just getting my lens back on the camera body was a feat in itself when I took it off. lol. I can read all I want about lighting, shutter speed etc but unless I have someone to actually ask questions, I get lost. This is a good platform to start then I can go on from there. I just wish I had not gotten such a late start in life!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back