Finally taking the leap into digital!

CynthiaM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! Just found this forum tonight, so I'm hoping to get good feedback on my work, and learn from others. Years ago I went to NESOP when they had their 8-month intensive program. Gave myself a T3i and a few lenses for Christmas. I live in Ft. Worth, TX, am a mom to one who is 20 and a photographer in his own right, however our styles are very different! My father is a photographer as well, starting in the 1950s and now he's in his 80s and still shooting.

I've worked professionally, however that was YEARS ago and in a unique area, horse show photography. A few photos even made it into various magazines. My main goal right now is to learn all the bells and whistles on this new rig. I'm still very old school where everything was done manually. I'd like to do some rodeo work, as well as portraits, and some small weddings at my church. I've also done quite a bit of work (again, back when it was hard film) shooting bands. That was fun, but I don't think my ears could handle it any more!

Hope to make some friends, too. See all y'all later!

Awesooooome! Digital is the way of the 21st Century. It's great! It even works on horses!@!@ (My three nieces are crazy about horses, riding, barrel racing, trail riding,etc.)

I have a buddy who works out at the airport in Dallas/Forth Worth...he said it was foggy yesterday morning out there!

It was! Today as well, colder, perfect sleeping-in weather instead of slogging to work weather...

I want to say maybe 88? Around then.... those were the days! Shooting all day, then the darkroom in the evening, then over to the Rat (stinking of fix) for great bands!

Welcome to the site.

Welcome to TPF, Cynthia! :) So happy you decided to join us. There are still lots of film users around here (including me) so you'll recognize lots of the discussion if you ever peek into the Film forum while learning the ropes on digital shooting. Hope you find our Gallery section, as this is the best place to post your own work and get to know your fellow members.

Keep posting, and have fun!

Welcome aboard, jump in & enjoy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back