Finally...

Rocky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've had my new D80 for about a month. I've tried my hand at PP, set up a site to host my photos, got a handle somewhat on color management (at least enough to produce some decent prints), so I think I'm off to a good start. Here are the fruits of my first efforts. I would welcome your comments, especially as they relate to the size of the pics (don't want to develop any bad habits early on!):

LeesFerry03.jpg

LeesFerry02.jpg

LeesFerry01.jpg

Wow! I like that second shot the best, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Feels so secret when looking at it.

#2 Great range, nailed this one. I like them all, but I've never been to the G.C. before. You images make me want to go even more.

I really like the first two

Thanks, everyone.

The picture was actually taken in Marble Canyon, which is the stretch of canyon the Colorado River runs through between Glen Canyon Dam and Lee's Ferry (the put-in point for all rafting through the Grand Canyon). In the winter, the sun's angle is so low that parts of the canyon never see daylight. It makes for some interesting lighting.

Whatever you call the area, it's a truly beautiful place.

Great shots, nice location.

What lens did you use?

By the way, D80's rock!

Great shots, nice location.

What lens did you use?

By the way, D80's rock!

Thanks.

I used the only lens I have so far, the 18-135 "kit" lens. I want to invest in a little wider lens sometime later this year since I'd rather shoot landscape than anything else. First things first, though--upgrade the printer.

Remarkable shots, great composition and colors. Maybe try to keep them 780 at the widest and 600 tallest though.

Remarkable shots, great composition and colors. Maybe try to keep them 780 at the widest and 600 tallest though.

Thanks, Abraxas. That's what I was looking for. I figured they were too large but I didn't know what the optimum size was...

Most reactions

Back