Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its finally up...fase one of my plan...

hehe, im gonna start selling images through the net.

Basically...im gonna go up to people and somehow get to take their photo (e.g. say im a photographer what not, take pictures of their dog or something) Give them a buisness card, with a username and login, and then they go on the site and login and see their images, and buy them.

So...I need you guys to help me kinda with this...just tell me your ideas, questions, and thoughts...hehe.

Btw, its www.ITookYourPhoto.co.uk, but it isnt finished yet so bear with it :) click the links and some will work, some wont :)

Thanks guys!

Are you thinking of a different username/login for each customer/card?

Also just 2 points about the site although I realise it isn't finished yet,

1/ Instead of it saying "Welcome to ITookYourPhoto.co.uk, Unfortunatly the website is still under construction and will be finished soon, please stand by." you could change that to a promo discription of what is going to appear there.

2/ At the moment I have to scroll to the right to see the whole page but there's an empty space to the left. Awkward sites put people off.

On a positive note I think it's a great idea and your photo looks great and very fitting!:thumbup:

I know what you feel Arti! The need of cash :p a hunger to get a few $$ :) heheh I tried various methods too, but unfortunately without any serious results.
I think that this might be ok, but don't expect you'll earn a fortune... i'm just warning you :) but of course I hope you will! And you will suceed! If not by selling pictures.... maybe somebody will see you, and will give you a job of an assistant or maybe photographer somewhere?

Hey arty...I've done similar things but at junior sporting events...the parents eat it up. I've also considered going to "tail-gating" events and dropping some cards but I'm always working on weekends.

Hehe thanks for the replies all. Ill get to workon the changes Plastic Spanner.

I know mentos...doubt I will make money hehe...

Hmm...thats not a bad idea mygrain...I could do them at my college...

Sounds like a good idea. I would however use smugmug. Smugmug (www.smugmug.com) will do all the work for you. You just upload the pictures, the software will create a nice gallery for you. They will collect the money, process the credit card, print and then ship the pictures for you. You get to set the price for what you want to charge. Then they will send you the $$$$

Wally said:
Sounds like a good idea. I would however use smugmug. Smugmug (www.smugmug.com) will do all the work for you. You just upload the pictures, the software will create a nice gallery for you. They will collect the money, process the credit card, print and then ship the pictures for you. You get to set the price for what you want to charge. Then they will send you the $$$$

Sounds great...but I want the whole thing to be part of my site...

I think you need to decide now from the outset if you're doing this for your own satisfaction or a serious attempt to make money.

The two are completely different and will affect how you go about things. The most cost efficient way will probably not be the most apealing to you.

Doing it all exactly how you would like it to be is definately not the most cost effective.

Either way is OK but it will be difficult or expensive to switch to the other once you get started!

PlasticSpanner said:
I think you need to decide now from the outset if you're doing this for your own satisfaction or a serious attempt to make money.

The two are completely different and will affect how you go about things. The most cost efficient way will probably not be the most apealing to you.

Doing it all exactly how you would like it to be is definately not the most cost effective.

Either way is OK but it will be difficult or expensive to switch to the other once you get started!

I see what you mean...but itll look bad for me if when people go to buy their images they are suddenly sent to another website...feel they wont be too happy and will click away...

Artemis said:
Sounds great...but I want the whole thing to be part of my site...

The beauty of Smugmug is that it is part of your own site (at least the pro-version) You can set up a nameserver to take you right there, or you can use it as part of a subdomain, or you can just set it up to be part of a frame.

If you use your own server/site you need to plan how you're going to take payment for the photographs.

I prefer sites with clear and simple pricing and quick payment solutions that I can trust. e.g credit/debit card or even PayPal although not everyone will use the latter unless they are regulars on E-Bay or such like.

It will be worth doing a little research into how people would prefer to pay and what they would like to receive for their money e.g a simple 8x10 print or something backed with a card mount or a digital file they can download there & then? (I really don't have a clue about this. That's where research comes in!:lol: )

Wally said:
The beauty of Smugmug is that it is part of your own site (at least the pro-version) You can set up a nameserver to take you right there, or you can use it as part of a subdomain, or you can just set it up to be part of a frame.

How?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back