"Find the Light"

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I visited the French King Bridge last weekend, and let me tell you, for New England, it's one of the nicest bridges I've seen. That being said, we got there around 4:30pm (we made the trip to Massachussetts for something else and stopping at the bridge was a lucky chance), and the lighting on the bridge was flat. Dull. Lame. Lackluster. AND the clouds were non-existent. I did shoot the bridge a bit, but what I ended up doing was coming at it a bit differently than "face on bridge shot!" and I think it came out well enough.

Thoughts?

Find the Light by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

What a beauty. Love the bridge part the most. Ed

Its amazing how awesome some structures can be. The lines, the detail, etc.

Nicely done.

Its amazing how awesome some structures can be. The lines, the detail, etc.

Nicely done.

Thanks Sean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the pattern of the shadows. I'd think about the balance in the composition of how much bridge and how much of the shadows (seems rather too much bridge). To me it looks black and gray and could use some adjustment to get it B&W (especially as sunny as it was).

I love the pattern of the shadows. I'd think about the balance in the composition of how much bridge and how much of the shadows (seems rather too much bridge). To me it looks black and gray and could use some adjustment to get it B&W (especially as sunny as it was).

Thanks for the detailed response! I had some difficult deciding whether or not I thought it was balanced. I composed it as such (no cropping other than a 2 or 3 degree rotation for levelling) because I love the idea of bridge supports leaving the frame at the corners. I do wish I had included just a touch more in the foreground, to balance out the bridge/shadows.

I prefer the non high-contrast look here, as this was all in shadow. There's very little direct light (other than the shadow in the road), and I felt a high contrast processing would have been too "harsh" for this scene.

Cheers!
Jake

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back