Finding it hard to find inspiration..

sam_justice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm finding it hard to find inspiration for landscape photography in the area at the moment.
I don't have the money at the moment to fly out to incredible places to take some snappies. If anyone lives in the Sussex area do you know of any good places?
Also, have any of you felt like this before? How have you gotten over it?

I generally find that one often finds it hard to see the landscape beauty in the area they live in because one is so used to it that nothing stands out. Travel tends to help - Wales, Scotland, Yorkshire, Suffolk etc......
Head somewhere different and new

I generally find that one often finds it hard to see the landscape beauty in the area they live in because one is so used to it that nothing stands out. Travel tends to help - Wales, Scotland, Yorkshire, Suffolk etc......
This is so true,
I really want to go to Snowdonia, heading over to Disney World in December hoping to get a lot of vibrant saturated action shot and landscape shots.

Going through it right now. I'm working my way out of it. What seems to be helping me is trying different spins on things and photomanipulation. If you look up some tutorials online about how tomake landscape photos look like a wasteland for example. That would be a start.

I imagine we all know the feeling. Sometimes I enjoy going through my photos and picking out subjects (i.e., landscapes) that I would like to re-shoot or shoot under different conditions (lighting, perspective). In my experience, inspiration often just presents itself spontaneously, so it helps just to be out and about with the camera (...and no whining about leaving the tripod at home).

When I find it hard to find inspiration I usually go and photograph something I absolutely hate to photograph, and by the time I'm done I'm so fed up with what I'm doing I see everything else in a new light.

I dont get out much so I seem to shoot whats around our house here on the land and I feel that way I mean how many times can I take pics of the same trees lol I go out and dont start shooting right away.I walk look and listen I stop and sit on one of the many benches we have in the woods on our land and usually it will come to me what I want the leaves are changing here now and every thing around me looks diff then from summer so I have a new set of pics with the same woods :)

At any given moment, "there are ten interesting things to photograph within ten feet of you. "

Very true. Where I live particularly sucks. Its all residential and you have drive to get anywhere decent. I would love to live somewhere where I can walk outside of my house, go for a hike, and take some nice photos.

This is so true,
I really want to go to Snowdonia, heading over to Disney World in December hoping to get a lot of vibrant saturated action shot and landscape shots.

How about going to the South Downs, not too far from you or The New Forrest

I'm going through the same thing. I live in boring suburbia. Unless I want to take pictures of school buses and bland SUVs, I'm SOL. Its killing me because I just bought a new camera and haven't really been able to get a feel for it.

Moving (back to the Middle East) in a month, so I may just have to wait till then. No shortage of interesting photos over there.

Come to America and get a job working for the TV networks...you'd fit right in...

At any given moment, "there are ten interesting things to photograph within ten feet of you. "
I don't want to turn into those "photographers" who takes a picture of leaf, uses a photoshop filter that rinses the image, writes a line of a poem they just discovered on wikipedia on the image and posts it round the web

Most reactions

New Topics

Back