Finding Models?

Reaction score
Website
www.rockangelphotography.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently seeking models to help build my portfolio,
I would like to start charging for my services in the near future but I feel like I need much more material for example of what I can do before I start charging.
I am having trouble finding models to pose for me to do this...how do you usually go about finding them? :er:

Have you tried the usual sites?
Onemodelplace
modelmayhem

I have a model mayhem account. There's a good chance you can find models close to you. Just browse and find recent joins and people that have crappy portfolio pictures. Most all beginners do TF* work and if you're a good photographer, even some experienced models will want to work with you.

You can also contact a local modeling agency and ask them. Most modeling agencies have girls who are just starting out that want to build their portfolio as well. If you find one of those, you might be able to get her to come out for free since you are helping each other. Just remember to get a model release! :thumbup:

"Time For xxxxx" .. Either TFP (time in exchange for prints) or TFCD (time in exchange for a CD of images).

Alright. Somebody help out the old guy. What's "TF?" I suspect it's some sort of exchanging services.
Yup...it's Time For...
For (presumably) a long time...it was TFP...Time for Prints. The model gives their time in exchange for prints to be used in their portfolio. The photographer gets shots for their portfolio and maybe more, as they probably retain the full rights to the shots.
Now, in the digital age, it might be Time For CD (or whatever).

This probably isn't something that established pro photographers or pro models will do but it's a way to build your portfolio without having to spend a lot of money etc.

Thanks for that. I wasn't thinking of the "*" as a wild card.

This is what I call an "invitational session." I've not done many. I'm really very stingy about giving away photography.

I've found most everybody is flattered to be asked. It's never been much of a problem.

-Pete

I always love the suggestion of Model Mayhem because you need at least two models to get an account as a photographer (chicken, meet egg). Does OMP have similar restrictions?

Okay y'all can make fun of me now. Didn't realize you could browse the models before you join.

Feel free, laugh.

Okay... that's enough.

:lmao::lol::mrgreen::biglaugh::clap::Joker::crazy::eyebrows::bounce::boogie:

:playball::p

:cheers:

Most reactions

Back