Fine art photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.
why did you ever comment in the first place if your just going to condemn, insult peole about education, making remarks in which you know nothing about??? why did ya oh sorry YOU bother leaving a reply, i never asked for smart comments,("decipherable why didnt you just say readable, understandable, clear") other people understand it!

Well perhaps you should consider it a life lesson. Youth lingo is fine in a casual setting with people who share the same friendships and use of that language. Understanding has more to do with the message than the words, it has to do with perception.

When asking for help from complete strangers perhaps the more commonly accepted use of the American English language would be the more appropriate route to follow. Like it or not how you present yourself to others is a reflection on you. Especially when dealing with those that you do not know or know you.

Or perhaps you might submit your research paper written in "youth lingo" and see how it does.

Please dont lecture me on grammer, i never knew this was an english class!! also ones education is never completed, you learn something new everyday!! plus the study is word for word from my brief:

we must research and produce a body of work that explores the styles and working methods of key photographers working within a fine art tradition, whose work defines an era. the study should take the form of a chronological progression of fine art photographers with whom you feel an infinity, and whose work resonates for you. the study should examine choice of equipment, materials and exposure considerations and the factors affecting these decisions. this exporation shud reveal to you a context in which your work can be assimilated. you should then chose two photographers, one historical and one contemporary and explore the connections between these two photographers work and your own. you should be aware of historical and social contexts of the chosen photographers and fine art movements to which they may be connected.

anyone that can help me out on my PHOTOGRAPHY question, would be very welcome, Thanks very much (",)

Try basic literacy, sentence structure, grammar and language first or NO ONE will take you seriously in whatever you do, including photography!!!!

skieur

Well perhaps you should consider it a life lesson. Youth lingo is fine in a casual setting with people who share the same friendships and use of that language. Understanding has more to do with the message than the words, it has to do with perception.

When asking for help from complete strangers perhaps the more commonly accepted use of the American English language would be the more appropriate route to follow. Like it or not how you present yourself to others is a reflection on you. Especially when dealing with those that you do not know or know you.

Or perhaps you might submit your research paper written in "youth lingo" and see how it does.

I think ye have all forgotten that at the very start of this post i submitted my question in normal english and it was ye that started making comments on how it was written, i didnt write the brief, it was my instructor, its a photography forum so i dont get why your so critical of the english language, maybe ye should learn some respect for other users.

Try basic literacy, sentence structure, grammar and language first or NO ONE will take you seriously in whatever you do, including photography!!!!

skieur

What? i just said i didnt write the brief, it was my instructor, my literacy, sentence structure, grammar and language is perfect! I cant believe how rude ye are! I asked a question not to be given smart answers about my education etc, its a photography forum, so anyone who can help me out with my photography question, please do! thanks (",)

I think ye have all forgotten that at the very start of this post i submitted my question in normal english and it was ye that started making comments on how it was written, i didnt write the brief, it was my instructor, its a photography forum so i dont get why your so critical of the english language, maybe ye should learn some respect for other users.

From the original post.

im doing a photography diplom course, only one month left, scary but our next project is of photographic fine art imaging, we must do a study, i will type it all so u can see where/understand what it all entails:

I rest my case.

From the original post.

I rest my case.

oh my, so I didnt use a capital I, or I am or i forgot the a, i think any person would understand that i just forgot the a and who would care about a capital I, yer just sad people who read too much into the english language, from all the posts i have made everyone understands, my gosh, yer sad, ye really are! I rest my case, thats so immature, it really is.
Its a PHOTOGRAPHY forum guys!!! its just a question, if you dont know an answer then just leave it.

Try 'The World History of Photography' by Naomi Rosenblum. Fairly extensive survey of photography although the influences on the artists are given short shrift.

What people are saying is that, if you wish to be taken seriously - and you are asking for help, you have to act as if you have a functional brain and are willing to use it.

Explain your problem and ask your question. Write in good sentence structure, correct your typos and don't try to push your mistakes onto other people.

And, by the way, tell your instructor that he or she is a moron.

im doing a photography diplom course, only one month left, scary but our next project is of photographic fine art imaging, we must do a study, i will type it all so u can see where/understand what it all entails:

we must research and produce a body of work that explores the styles and working methods of key photographers working within a fine art tradition, whose work defines an era. the study shud take the form of a chronological progression of fine art photographers with whom you feel an infinity, and whose work resonates for you. the study shud examine choice of equipment, materials and exposure considerations &the factors affecting these decisions. this exporation shud reveal to you a context in which your work can be assimilated. you shud then chose 2 photographers, 1 historical and 1 contemporary & explore the conneections between these two photographers work and your own. you should be aware of historical and social contexts of the chose photographers and fine art movements to which they may be connected.

)

I have to agree with alot of the grammar comments but I will try to answer your question. My answer is below......

:angry1::angry1::angry1:DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!:angry1::angry1::angry1:

Especially when you don't like the answers people are giving you.

Try 'The World History of Photography' by Naomi Rosenblum. Fairly extensive survey of photography although the influences on the artists are given short shrift.

What people are saying is that, if you wish to be taken seriously - and you are asking for help, you have to act as if you have a functional brain and are willing to use it.

Explain your problem and ask your question. Write in good sentence structure, correct your typos and don't try to push your mistakes onto other people.

And, by the way, tell your instructor that he or she is a moron.

Thanks, yeah i do, i made a couple of spelling mistakes and they have a heart attack! I didnt like that they try to make out I am not educated because of simple mistakes. A simple answer was all I wanted without smart comments. I dont think calling my instuctor a moron will do me any favours though. (",) Thanks

I have to agree with alot of the grammar comments but I will try to answer your question. My answer is below......

:angry1::angry1::angry1:DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!:angry1::angry1::angry1:

Especially when you don't like the answers people are giving you.

Thanks, its not homework, its a project. The answers I dont like are the ones about my few spelling mistakes. Some kind people have given me good answers.

why did you ever comment in the first place if your just going to condemn, insult peole about education, making remarks in which you know nothing about??? why did ya oh sorry YOU bother leaving a reply, i never asked for smart comments,("decipherable why didnt you just say readable, understandable, clear") other people understand it!

It's a real shame because I wanted to help you with your photographic issue but you're unable to communicate. Actually, from your reaction, "unable" is not the correct word. Instead, I should say that you're "unwilling" to communicate.

With your PP attitude, you're facing a miserable future.

oh my gosh...seriously relax people. if you cant stand the text speak ignore and move on! But get used to it cause it is going to be common place before long.

Interesting fact: a lot of people who go into the visual media have problems with communicating by written or verbal means and often have dyslexia. That is why they go into the visual arts - they find it an easier way to communicate.
During my many years of teaching I usually found that the most talented and creative people had trouble with language, even when it was their native tongue. Which is why I am always prepared to overlook spelling mistakes and bad grammar and not make my help conditional on the supplicant producing 'perfect' English. But then, I'm not a small-minded person.
Now, can we please stick to the topic in question? The fine art tradition in Photography I believe it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back