Finishing off this TMZP3200

doobs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I shot a roll and a half of T-Max P3200 and I don't think I'll have the time to finish shooting it at night. As for shooting it in the daylight, can I use the Sunny 16 Rule? My quickest shutter speed is 1/1000 sec, so I'm not sure how I will match that up. Should I stop down a stop or two? Any help would be great.

Thanks!
-- Dylan

Can you stop down to f/22? If you do that, you might be able get away with shooting at 1/1000.

A Neutral Density filter.

I do not own a Neutral Density filter. I can stop down to f/22 though.

A Neutral Density filter.

I thought about suggesting that, but I figured he didn't have one, and assumed he want to finish up this roll fairly quickly (not giving him time to go out and buy one). But yes, a 2 or 3 stop ND filter would make life a bit easier.

I could walk down to the camera store, but I'm sick as hell and I am broke. I looked on Freestyle photo and they were something like 20 bucks and CameraArts is usually pricier than Freestyle. So I figure stopping down to f/22 will work. Though it's getting a little cloudy out, I might stay at f/16. We'll see.

dont you have a light meter, or something....a camera that meters ?

If you stack 2 polarizing filters, you'll be able to use them as a variable ND filter. As you turn one on top of the other, you'll be able to change the degree of light coming through.

I only have one polarizing filter that fits the lens. I'd have to buy a step up or step down ring otherwise.

EDIT: I'm just throwing on the one polarizing lens and shooting at f/22
If I want to use a red filter or something, should I use polarizing and red filter or just red?

I just shot it at f/22, 1/1000 sec, with a polarizing filter and red filter stacked. What will it turn out like if I messed up. Will it just be overexposed? I shot a few shots indoors as well (different fstop and shutter time).

If you have any filter, it will factor a stop or 2 for you.

The 2 polarizers will act as a variable ND filter. Putting one polarizer won't do much for you, maybe only complicate your situation.

The red filter will probably help a bit, the polarizer won't do much unless you're shooting the sky.

Most reactions

Back