Fire in the Sky

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Went to the lake tonight to catch the sunset...so far this is the only one I'm done with, so stay tuned for more shots....

IMG_2992.jpg

Utterly great shot. I am curious, how did you break up the sunset and create a straight line on the water. Beautiful job.

Ron

Thanks everyone :)
Ronshebar- I think you must be referring to the horizon line...the level where I was standing breaks up the water and the trees behind, and the way the sun reflected upon it created that effect. I did sharpen this in PS using a USM to help it a bit...
Scott-I try not to drink the water around here, but a Coke always does me good :lol:

Thanks again!!!!

WOW!!!! killer shot. I really love this one. This is one for the frame for sure. Nice work.!! :hail:

The colour is really warm and I like it with the dark trees but why is the reflection of the sun so long and straight across the water and so white, almost whiter that the sun itself. Is this just how the camera captured and recorded it or is that how it really looked to your eye?

what an amazing photog you're turning into! beautiful work Amanda!

Thanks everyone!!!

PlasticSpanner- this is exactly how the sun looked...it was relflecting across the surface of the water giving it the whiteness....

Ah!
I had a compact digital and sometimes when I got photos like the sun setting it would put a long, perfectly parallel white band up to the top of the frame!

I was just wondering if this was normal with digital?

May I ask what setting you used for this! I always have problems with the sun and over exposure!

No problem, here's the data: F20, Evaluative Metering 1/500sec, ISO 100, auto white balance, and flash off. I shoot with a Canon Rebel XT, and the lens was a 28-105mm kit lens focal lenth at 105. If you have a DSLR you can adjust the parameters and increase contrast and saturation which I did by one on each with this as well :) Hopefully that helps :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back