fire station

brighteyesphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brighteyesphotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had to stop by my Dad's fire station today. While I was waiting for him to finish up some paperwork with another firefighter, I got my camera out and snapped a few shots.

1. (I wish I had my tripod for this one)
Captured2007-2-1200007.jpg

Captured2007-2-1200005.jpg

Captured2007-2-1200002.jpg

Dad's gonna let me get a night shot of the truck either pulling out or backing in with the lights going. We just need to set up a night and then get the Lt. on board with it. I think with a promise of a 16x20 for their wall, he'll let me do it, as long as they don't have to go out on a call.

How in the world can I not like these? To bad the first one blurred.

I like #2 best but feel that your DOF was to narrow, the first hose is out of focus. It's ok for the line to fall out of focus as they go thru the shot but I think that the first one should be sharp. Nice composition and I am sure it would be an easy reshot.
Cosmo

I like #2 best but feel that your DOF was to narrow, the first hose is out of focus. It's ok for the line to fall out of focus as they go thru the shot but I think that the first one should be sharp. Nice composition and I am sure it would be an easy reshot.
Cosmo
I was thinking the same thing. It's still a great shot though.

Or just wait until they actually do have a call and photograph the trucks leaving. The sense of urgency will definitely be there. Just don't get in their way of course! :D

She/he could stand outside for hours and hours waiting for a shot like that unless it's a very busy station. It's cold in the wee hours of the morning. A staged shot would allow it to be done until it's the way you like it.

i like the second one the best

Most reactions

New Topics

Back