FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
Pages for fire departments woke me up early this morning for a tire business fire in the next town, about 10 miles from me. Here is the view about 7 miles from the scene...
btf1s.jpg

First hose layed out...
btf2s.jpg

btf3s.jpg

btf4s.jpg

btf5s.jpg

As I was heading home, I saw the morning sun trying to peer through the smoke plume as it drifted east of the fire scene...

btf6s.jpg

Doug Raflik
[email protected]

It is really bad that the house is on fire, but they really make great photography oppurtunities. The poor owners!

Holy cow, these are some impressive fire photos! Burning tyres ... huge amounts of black smoke! Whoa!

I like all of these. ALL OF THEM!
The first with the monstrous plume of smoke, easily guiding you to the location of the fire, I should say, then the fire "action" pics, for flames, destructive as they can be, are fascinating motifs! The silhouetted firefighters against the raging flames, trying to extinguish them with what looks like such a small stream of water (which it isn't, I know, but doesn't the water look "small" against the flames?) are such a good addition.

And then the sun. Trying as it might to shine through the smoke. GOOD!!! :thumbup:

cool it's like a movie storyboard and the final shot makes it totally global dramatic thaks for sharing

Wow...impressive. I bet that fire stunk too. Guess I missed that on my fly by

Wow...impressive. I bet that fire stunk too. Guess I missed that on my fly by
:hail: That was great.

Back to the photos...great shots, I really like the look of the fire and the firemen silhouetted against it. Nice composition.
I was wondering what some of your settings were, I'll be photographing an exhibition of firemen putting out a fire this coming Friday.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back