Firesuite Photography

firesuite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all, here's my introduction.

My name is Graham Gilmore, I am originally from the UK but now live in Southern California. My passion is photographing abandoned buildings and areas and this has led me more than once into the radioactive exclusion zone of Chernobyl. I have many photos and a write-up of my trips there also on my website. Im an IT support engineer by day but am trying to get out of this field and run a portrait/headshot studio but its taking time get things off the ground what with this economic climate.

Anyway, you can see my work at my website which is www.firesuite.com
and my portrait studio - www.portraitsla.com

Heres a few of my shots from my site below-

img3.jpg

Rhyolite, Nevada, USA.

img12.jpg

Salton Sea, California, USA

img31.jpg

Yanov Station - Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, Ukraine.

The write up of my trip is here - Chernobyl Exclusion Zone

Thanks

Graham Gilmore

Very nice work you are showing us here. Absolutely love the first one.

Since you are into UE, you probably are familiar with this site, but just in case, here it is:
Urban Exploration Resource: Forum - Home

And welcome to the forum.

Thanks,

I wasn't aware of that site so thank you for that, just spent the last 20 min reading it, great stuff in there :)

Graham

How did you achieve the first shot, if you don't mind me asking? Photoshop?

Eerily amazing.

Eerily amazing.

Thanks,

not much to it really, done the standard touches in lightroom, desaturated and adjusted levels, contrast and clarity, then in photoshop I sharpened up the figure a little bit. Clouds were moving at a fair rate and I was using my tripod so i think thats why they look a little blurry.

typical that I head out into the desert and it rained, a day either side and it was over 100 degrees, I guess in a way I got lucky :)

Welcome, Graham!

The images you posted are excellent and I'm looking forward to visiting your websites! I have started to look at your Chernobyl link and you are very talented with both writing and photography.

Since you like photographing abandoned buildings, you might try my hometown of Detroit, Michigan - if you haven't been here already. I know there are many photographers who come to Detroit for that very purpose. It is both fortunate and unfortunate that we have no shortage of photographic material here.

Thanks Jay,

Ive been doing some research online and Detroit does look like an awesome place to go with a camera, the abandoned zoo particularly looks very interesting. Ive put it on my list :) now I just need to aquire more than the 10 days vacation per year, you guys get over here in the US and I'll be good to go heh!

Graham

Last edited:
I really love your tour of Chernobyl, and the story you tell along with the photos.
I envy you for getting to experience something which is a once in a lifetime chance for most people

Eerily amazing.

Thanks,

not much to it really, done the standard touches in lightroom, desaturated and adjusted levels, contrast and clarity, then in photoshop I sharpened up the figure a little bit. Clouds were moving at a fair rate and I was using my tripod so i think thats why they look a little blurry.

typical that I head out into the desert and it rained, a day either side and it was over 100 degrees, I guess in a way I got lucky :)

I was actually asking about how you got the "figure" there. Is it a blanket/cloth over wires? How did you get the "ghost" there? It looks amazing.

Eerily amazing.

Thanks,

I was actually asking about how you got the "figure" there. Is it a blanket/cloth over wires? How did you get the "ghost" there? It looks amazing.

Ah, my bad, lol

Its actually in Goldwell open air museum in Nevada.

Theres another one as well which is more of them in a kind of 'Last Supper' reenactment.

5929_121994878778_594798778_2461928_1352025_n.jpg

I think it was some Belgian artist who brought them over in 1984, he set people up in various poses and covered them in plaster, once it set the people got out of them and there you have it!

there's a wiki on it here

Graham.

Most reactions

Back