Fireworks + Long Expo + Boat = ?

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Surprisingly, it worked quite well. I've been on a boat for the local "big" fireworks show for the fourth for the last three years, and year 1 and 2 I was convinced that I couldn't do a long exposure fireworks shot from a bouncing/moving boat. Thankfully it was relatively calm this year, so I laid down on the stern and propped my camera to the right angle with my lens cap and strap and set up some long exposures. The first is 13 seconds, and the second is 1 second.

_RSP5567 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

_RSP5582 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

What are YOUR thoughts??

Some may say the squiggly lines detract from the subject of the first photo, but I think they're awesome! It makes the photo a little more abrtract with fireworks!

Some may say the squiggly lines detract from the subject of the first photo, but I think they're awesome! It makes the photo a little more abrtract with fireworks!

Right? That's what I thought! Makes it a bit more unique and different from most firework shots. Somehow the web crushed the shadows on the top right (in my LR window you can clearly see the set of chains I used in the composition...)

Cheers!
Jake

I am impressed! I wouldn't have ever thought that was possible from a boat.
I prefer the composition of the second shot here. Both are beautiful!

I kinda like the lines in the first pic. But the second pic is my favorite. Big watermark though, my eyes just focusing on it. Great pics either way!

I kinda like the lines in the first pic. But the second pic is my favorite. Big watermark though, my eyes just focusing on it. Great pics either way!

Partly my fault. On pure black like this I usually drop the opacity down to 30% on the watermark, and I am still in the process of setting up my new laptop (so I used the one that's set to 60% cause I haven't made a more translucent one).

So mostly, the obnoxiousness is me being lazy, haha.

Yeah, the lines are growing on me [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Partly my fault. On pure black like this I usually drop the opacity down to 30% on the watermark, and I am still in the process of setting up my new laptop (so I used the one that's set to 60% cause I haven't made a more translucent one).

So mostly, the obnoxiousness is me being lazy, haha.

Yeah, the lines are growing on me [emoji16]

Just keep doing what you're doing bro! A lot of people will pick your photos apart and find everything they think is wrong with them. At the end end of the day, if you like it thats ALL that matters! Keep shooting :)

Great job. #2 is my fav but i think they are both awesome.

I tired doing this from my boat viewing, but i didnt have a tripod for one, and i didnt have a flat surface to place the camera as an alternative.

The second shot is very sucessful to me.

Nice job on both :)

I'm starting to think that I am weird (actually knew it a long time ago) because I am able to ignore watermarks. They just don't bother me much at all. On these two images I simply scroll the page down until I can't see them.

Nice job on both :)

I'm starting to think that I am weird (actually knew it a long time ago) because I am able to ignore watermarks. They just don't bother me much at all. On these two images I simply scroll the page down until I can't see them.

Thanks! And that's not weird! Just resourceful. [emoji5]️

Bumps for a bit more feedback [emoji5]️

Most reactions

Back