Fireworks & Night Shots

yeap well wait for the other users to reply they are not online now well..they are in the diffrent time zone...they may have better recomendations i'm only 14 you know haha bt stil i'm into photography since 9 so hmmnn..i've go the knowlage so anithng jux ask me dude

ouh yeah wad camera are you using??

well under the line below are all my cameras well i've been busy with Sony Alpha 100 lately i keep changin' cameras and buying more..

i thnk for the lense part w8 for the other users man..i'm gtg off now cya =) well..i'll be logging in on Sunday..8 pm Singapore time ( GM+8:00)

Around 20-50mm depending what the composition calls for. I don't take closeup photos of fireworks. I find them dull and boring. If I can't get a background landscape, river, cityscape or something in the shot I don't bother unpacking the tripod.

Oh and it's much easier to frame a firework at 18mm than 300mm :p

I went a slightly different route for my first fireworks shoot.

The card is a good idea, but I didn't know about it when I took this pic. 30 second exposure, f/11, manual focus to infinity.

I read in a magazine that fireworks shots are cooler vertical (gives height), let the fireworks go a little out of the frame (gives the impression of a larger display), with a neat building or landmark of sorts. This chapel is very recognizable around Bolivar..and the stained glass lit up nice with the fireworks glow...

Not saying it's perfect, but I just wanted to throw in something a little different. My intent here was to capture the atmosphere of the event, not necessarily the fireworks.

bigFireWorks.jpg

Most reactions

Back