Fireworks

midget patrol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was my first time photographing fireworks. I took all of these shots hand-held because my tripod has mysteriously disappeared in the depths of my room. :lol:

Let me know what you think; I'm anxious to improve.

( 1 )
dsc0044medium8ac.jpg

( 2 )
dsc0045medium1bj.jpg

( 3 )
dsc0053medium5tn.jpg

( 4 )
dsc0055medium4lr.jpg

Wow, I really like it. I also have some eperiment with firework shot but it's not good enough,, maybe because my camera was good engough.
What is your Camera, Expose time, iso...

Nikon D50
28-80

Iso = 200 for all
I believe the exposure time was either 1 or 1.5 seconds for all. Handheld. It was unrecorded and I don't remember.

1: f5.6, 80mm
2: f5.3, 70mm
3: f5.6, 80mm
4: f5.6, 80mm

Photo 3 is really good.
1 and 2 show a bit of camera shake (which was to be expected), but you held the camera quite still for 3 and I like that!!! Plus I like the "fractal character" of your pics.

Again I like these shots, and I think #4 is very well composed! You may consider using a higher ISO setting. You really should dig that tripod out anytime that you’re shooting during the night. Fireworks are not the easiest subject to shoot with a tripod but your results will be superior. You did a great job here with the hand-held and fireworks need not be crystal clear, however the first shot would be more appealing with a sharper shot that can only be achieved with a steady support. :)

I like #1 best. It's not often you see b/w fireworks shots, but I dig the simplicity on that first one. These are all quite impressive, if you consider that they were taken handheld!

And, sorry, but I have to agree with Santos about the white framing.

Foffen said:
I like #1 best. It's not often you see b/w fireworks shots, but I dig the simplicity on that first one. These are all quite impressive, if you consider that they were taken handheld!

And, sorry, but I have to agree with Santos about the white framing.
It's color, actually; not b/w. Although, that's an idea. Here's a b/w version of the first one. I think I might like this better than the original. Well, it's different, for sure:

dsc0044bwmedium4ju.jpg

Good to know about the framing. I'll have to work on that. I'm confident taking and editing pictures, not so much in making them presentable. :lol:

Lafoto, what do you mean by "fractal" in this context?

Thanks for the kind words. It's good to know I'm on the right track.

lol. What I was ment to say, was; "the first one has a b/w feel over it". :lol: You must think Im blind. :lol:

And.. Yes, I really like it in greyscale as well, really do.

Most reactions

Back