Fireworks

aarongbuk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. This was my very first attempt at shooting Fireworks, and it came at a time I was completely unprepaird! I was in a restaurant and saw them going off! No tripod (wall) no shutter switch (timer) and no expierence (me).
It was taken in July last year. The fireworks are over the bastions of Valletta, Malta, taken from near Sliema.
I pretty much guessed everything in Manual, from a few previous over exposed shots, and was just lucky on timing.
Aaron
fireworks.jpg

Not Bad for Guessing everything!!Sounds Like my kinda photography lol. I love it.The only thing I dont love is the boat.the rest is beautiful.Do you remember the setting?Mind sharing?

Sounds like when I started! very good for a lucky shot :)

The settings were, using the 18-55mm kit lens, f10, 5sec, ISO 100 (maybe that was wrong).

A five second exposure!?

Where was the camera?
It must have rested on SOMETHING!

You did well! Really, really well.
This is one of the best firework pics I have seen in a long while. So good to have that boat on the water right where there is the reflection of the fireworks, plus being illuminated somewhat from where you were. Lovely settings, too, and the firework display must have been spectacular!

Thanks very much LaFoto. Yeah I found a wall to rest the camera on (really close to the sea which worried me) and used the timer. I could barely see through the view finder! I remember guessing the exposure time, and increased the fstop untill the lights on the building werent too burned out. The just hit the shutter when I "had a feelnig" they would fire another!! Imagine MY suprise this actually wokred out!!

OH forgot something... for focusing, I focused on the church (i think its a church) and then switched it to manual focus.

Great capture for not being prepared. I like fireworks & this capture is great! Beautiful color.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back