First Airshow

Jarrod268

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried to get some shots at an airshow for the first time - wow was it difficult!!! It got cloudy for the middle of the show then by the time the Thunderbirds flew the sun was on the other side of them...so most of my shots of them are in shadow.

1) My first attempt at panning

2)

3)

4)

Great shots! I really like #'s 3 & 4. A few clouds can help with the feeling of depth but when you get overcast skies and low light conditions it can be real difficult. Good job.

#2 is is the best as far as detail, exposure & color go. The smoke is perfect. Even though he's dead center in the photo, Gene Soucy & his Agcat still put on a kickass show.

I like 'em. I'd like to see a tighter crop on #1, some off the top and right side, to make the Mustang bigger in the frame. Nice job for a first panning shot.

I like #3 and #4...Nice shots on the whole... :)

I agree with subscuck on #1 some off the top and right or even left a tad. But just comes down to personal preference. Really like #2 and #3

Yep hoping to get out this year to our Air Show during Rose Festival. As Air Show,Car Races,Canadian & Navy ships docked downtown. Fair rides,Bands & Music all happening the month of June here in Portland,Or..

Only sad part is broke and all I have is the Tamron 17-50 and Nikon 55-200vr and would love to have the funds for a 70-300vr. But will just to have make do I guess.

nice job panning to get the prop blur, I'd say you have the hardest part down!

Thanks all!

These were shot with a Nikon D-90 and a 70-300 f4.5-5.6 G
Not the fastest of lenses but with the 300mm on a DX body I got some extra reach.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back