First Art Exhibit :D

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i am so excited right now, but doxx is as cool as a cucumber :D ... an owner of a cafe saw our website and wants us to hang some of our photos on the walls of his cafe (11x14 & 16x20) ... we choose 15-20 prints .. (some were by his request) ... some stuff from our projects, street and portrait gallery on our website (all of our stuff is not on the site) ...

he gave us free reign ... whatever we want as long as its not political :eek: .... i've only been at this for about 3 months and somebody actually likes my junk :lol: ... i get 7 choices from my stuff, doxx gets 7 and a few 8x10's ... its not a really big cafe, but its a start :salute:

here are some pics i took of the cafe, they have some art on the wall, but they will come down once our stuff is up

frontcafe.jpg

backcafe.jpg

oh, the real shocker would be if somebody actually wants to buy my stuff :lol: .... basically its just a hobby, never thought about selling them, except for headshots and portraits, the other stuff was just personal :oops:

i'd like to see doxx street stuff in a gallery (i think it will :D ) ... if not, we'll clean out our apartment and have our own showing :lol:

but sure, we will take lots of photos of the place when our stuff is up, we have to spend a few hundred on frames and large prints :? ... but i think once this is done, im gonna shop around our stuff to other cafes for showing ... i think its a good way to get our feet in the door

Congratulations!!! You have every reason to feel good about this! Way to go, both of you!

Gee, the web site thing paid off for someone.... cool!! :D

looks like another cafe wants to show/sell some of our stuff :D *doing the happy dance* ... i've been shopping it around, since we bought all these frames, we gotta get our money's worth :p ... this could be fun

Really???? Too cool!! Double congratz to ya, girl!!

Take a framing class and save the bucks, if ya have time!

Dew said:
i am so excited right now, but doxx is as cool as a cucumber :D ... an owner of a cafe saw our website and wants us to hang some of our photos on the walls of his cafe (11x14 & 16x20) ... we choose 15-20 prints .. (some were by his request) ... some stuff from our projects, street and portrait gallery on our website (all of our stuff is not on the site) ...

Hello Dew, thats cool. :0) Im just starting out at photography as well and not to long ago someone on another board suggested when going into buildings to take a look around for wall space, to see what they have hanging and if its bare, ask for the owner or someone and offer a look at your portfolio to see if they are intersted in such things.

If you dont mind me asking, how much are they paying you for the 15-20 pictures? Im still not sure how much I would charge for things yet, hehe.

Well have a good day and God Bless. Gerry David. :D

he offered to showcase our work, if someone wants to buy it, we set our own price, i still havent thought about how much we'd sell them for, even if i didnt get a dime ... i would do it anyway in the name of art :sillysmi:

that's so awesome!

hey, wouldn't it be so cool if someone famous happened to stop off for coffee one day and thought "hmmmmmmmmm, that's a nice picture. i should have my people get in touch with their people." cause you know... they really DO talk like that and all. :wink:

if you guys make a habit of this i'll have to come by and see your stuff in person this spring when i'm up there again. that could be fun. maybe i'd buy something. :D

Dew said:
he offered to showcase our work, if someone wants to buy it, we set our own price, i still havent thought about how much we'd sell them for, even if i didnt get a dime ... i would do it anyway in the name of art :sillysmi:

Still a good deal, anything come of it yet? :0). Appearantly galleries seem to take 10 to 50% of the sale, most around 20% appearantly, what % did this place want to get?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back