First attemps focus stacking C&C

HL45

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Downloaded a couple free trials of stacking software to try this out. Only had the macro lens about a month so this is all still somewhat new to me.

I used my tripod and on camera flash to get the shots, 6 shots for each.

stack by mtw2118, on Flickr

Stacked6 by mtw2118, on Flickr

100 Views!! :popcorn:

I love the quarter!

I have know idea what focus stacking is but I really like them both.

I love the quarter!

works for me!

I have know idea what focus stacking is but I really like them both.

Thanks, I didn't know either! When I started looking at other macro photos I realized the depth of field I was getting with a single shot, even at f/22 wasn't what I was seeing in some others work.
Focus stacking takes the in focus areas and stacks them together to get an amazing DOF that you simply can't get with a single macro shot. :)

The quarter looks great!

One thing I noticed after playing with focus stacking for the past few years, if you let Photoshop do it for you, it doesn't always work. It's easier for me to go in an manually mask out the areas that I need so I know that it will turn out the way I want it to

The quarter looks great!

One thing I noticed after playing with focus stacking for the past few years, if you let Photoshop do it for you, it doesn't always work. It's easier for me to go in an manually mask out the areas that I need so I know that it will turn out the way I want it to
Thanks, nobody noticed it's a half dollar ;)
I don't have Photoshop, used zerene stack and helicon focus free trials. I think helicon was easier to use. I did have to adjust the preferences to get auto stack to work correctly.

The quarter looks great!

Thanks, nobody noticed it's a half dollar ;)
I don't have Photoshop, used zerene stack and helicon focus free trials. I think helicon was easier to use. I did have to adjust the preferences to get auto stack to work correctly.

Never heard of either, but if it works, then keep using it!

Most reactions

Back