First attempt at a time lapse at Nebraska State Fair

chakalakasp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bigstormpicture.com
This is my first attempt at doing a timelapse series; I recently purchased an intervalometer and thought that my 20D would make a good timelapse camera (hopefully the shutter lasts longer than it's rated lifetime!).

[video=vimeo;28676163]http://vimeo.com/28676163[/video]

Technical details: This was shot with a Canon 20D capturing stills with an intervalometer; nearly 5000 photographs were required to make this video. It was primarily shot with a Tokina 11-16, but one of the shots was shot with a Canon nifty 50 1.8. The time compression is one second of video time = one minute real time. The fun thing about shooting this as stills is that the available resolution is technically near 4K, meaning it'd look as good on the silver screen as it does on Youtube. :)

that was great! very interesting, definitely the best parts being the rides with people loading and unloading.. especially the GRAVITRON (cue the thunder and lightning.. :lol:). And the climbing wall comes in a close second, just wish there was more footage of it..

Thanks! Yeah, I think most people have the best memories of the Gravitron (or whatever it's called at whatever fair you go to). There was a whole NPR segment about it -- out of all the rides at the fair, the Gravitron is the one that sticks in their memories.

That was incredible. What program did you use to stitch all the frames together to make the video?

:thumbup: TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! I would love to try that sometime, but i guess learning to use my dslr-to-be
(still shopping around) is first on my list!

Most reactions

Back