First attempt at a watermark/signature

maverickphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
No idea really how to use photoshop but I thought I would just mess around trying a few things.
watermark.jpg

I dont think so, you can still appreciate the photo, yet it was be ugly to print that :p

well i'll take a stab in the dark and mention *copyright*. Overall it's a nice pic, If you were going to sell it or print it then you can do it without the watermark

Most of us here on TPF are anti watermark as far as using it as a copyright protection. It only detracts from the image posted . A file downsized the post here is not print worthy anyway so why plaster a big watermark on it is the general idea. A smaller watermark that can be read and lead to you ( Free Plug) located were it wont detract from image is good idea. Try shrinking it and putting it to bottom left of image . Small and discrete but there for those who want to know who you are .

IMG_3574watermark%20copy.jpg

Nice shot of the jet there BTW. DeadEye

Most of us here on TPF are anti watermark as far as using it as a copyright protection. It only detracts from the image posted . A file downsized the post here is not print worthy anyway so why plaster a big watermark on it is the general idea. A smaller watermark that can be read and lead to you ( Free Plug) located were it wont detract from image is good idea. Try shrinking it and putting it to bottom left of image . Small and discrete but there for those who want to know who you are.

Ok thanks for the info. Like I said this was my first attempt at a watermark/signature. I'll shrink them down and put them in a corner.

Google UMARK and check out there watermarking software it is topnotch for $20 and allows logos & resizing as well........

If you guys don't mind me asking how do you add a watermark on corel paint shop i can do it on cs3 but can't seem to find it on corel.

If you guys don't mind me asking how do you add a watermark on corel paint shop i can do it on cs3 but can't seem to find it on corel.

Pretty much the same as cs3

Make an invisible layer with text or logo or whatever and save it as PSP or png or tiff or any file that supports the invisible part. Then add it to image you want marked. Or just use the text tool.

Pretty much the same as cs3

Make an invisible layer with text or logo or whatever and save it as PSP or png or tiff or any file that supports the invisible part. Then add it to image you want marked. Or just use the text tool.

Awesome deadeye, i just tried it out and you were absolutely on point. Thanks.

Ok thanks for the info. Like I said this was my first attempt at a watermark/signature. I'll shrink them down and put them in a corner.
As long as its not to big and distrcating its fine. If you are selling prints its fine to put that but make sure you take the watermark off before printing. Usually your sig in the corner is good, but people will go above and beyond to steal it.

Last edited:
Its just another level of protection. If they want your photo they will just crop out your watermark if its in a edge position. Sucks but it does happen.........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back