First attempt at aerial photography

GDHLEWIS

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A mate of mine took me and the family up in a cesna over Blackpool and the Lake district (UK). CC as always welcomed equipment used were a Nikon D7200 and a 35mm 1.8 Nikkor. Must say Ill defiantly be doing more in the future. Would be interested to know how to avoid glare and reflections from the windows.
Cornwall 2017-1.jpg Cornwall 2017-2.jpg Cornwall 2017-3.jpg Cornwall 2017-4.jpg Cornwall 2017-5.jpg Cornwall 2017-6.jpg Cornwall 2017-7.jpg Cornwall 2017-8.jpg Cornwall 2017-9.jpg

You can open the windows in a single engine cessna in flight (the originals, not the renamed plastic ones). Gets breezy, but you can do it. For that matter you can take the whole door off (on the ground before you taxi out to fly). Many do just that for aerial photos.

But a circular polarizer will help as well.

You can open the windows in a single engine cessna in flight (the originals, not the renamed plastic ones). Gets breezy, but you can do it. For that matter you can take the whole door off (on the ground before you taxi out to fly). Many do just that for aerial photos.

Just don't be like this guy:

Just don't be like this guy:

Man drops his camera out of a plane window trying to take a photo | Daily Mail Online

Lucky if that didn't hit the horizontal stabilizer!!! There is actually a good chance it did!

That was a Cessna 210 btw. If they were at cruise speed. Thats NOT a good time to open the window as they found out! You slow down when the window is open or door is off. There probably is a max speed for open window. But I don't remember it. And it's probably different for each model. On the 152's, 172's, 182's the whole widnow tilts out at the bottom.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back