First attempt at HDR c&c Please and Thank You

I see nothing HDR about it. Crank it up a bit. Nice pic though.

You see nothing HDR about it?

Looks good to me, I like the whole photo... nice composition, leading lines, exposure/HDR is well done.

Thanks for the comments. I have seen many HDR turned up way to much,., I was trying to keep it subtle..

You have some details in the shadows and the highlights aren't blown out... what's not HDR about that? :D

Thanks for the comments. I have seen many HDR turned up way to much,., I was trying to keep it subtle..

and you did a good job of that... I think it works really well for this image

You see nothing HDR about it?

Looks good to me, I like the whole photo... nice composition, leading lines, exposure/HDR is well done.

Its underexposed and the WB is off. This exact photo could have been duplicated with just one exposure, so no it doesnt look HDR to me. Note: I agree that HDR doesnt always have to be pushed to the limits like it usually is. Everything else i like though...minus the slight tilt in the horizon, but that is negligible.

I think this would probably look better at original size. It looks like a very detailed photo but much of that is lost at this smaller size. I may have bumped up the HDR just a hair because it's just a smidge dark on the left side, but that's just me.

Dont "Turn it up" Just "Change it up". I hate the typical HDR picture. If the first thing I notice is that its HDR theres something wrong in my head. If i see a picture and think "the dynamic range in the photo is amazing" then its done right. I would just bump up the exposure on the shadows on the bottom and left side a smidge. I would like the highlights to be even on the left side aswell but theres nothing you can do about it now.

But congrats on not way overdoing it like most people do on their first

Most reactions

Back