Dragon_13.jpg

Dragon_10.jpg

Dragon_9.jpg

Dragon_8.jpg

Dragon_7.jpg

Dragon_4.jpg

Dragon_3.jpg

Dragon_1.jpg

So I feel I did quite well. I have been trying to figure what lens would be best for this type of photography, and today I realized that a zoom (i.e. 70-200 f/4L) would be too much for the most part. I think I am going to get the sigma 24-70 2.8 it is a good range and will zoom a little farther than the kit 18-55 EF-S does. Now please let the comments and suggestions flow!

WoW, man. Nice shots!

What camera are you using?

I tried a couple of shot like that but they came out kinda crappy :\

IMG_8507.JPG

IMG_8528.JPG

Cheers

i am using a 30D. thanks for compliment!

nice shots - looks like it is really quite difficult to do this right - the cars seem to be the sharper ones. I like the red ducati one - shame it didnt all come out tho :(

inshaala said:
nice shots - looks like it is really quite difficult to do this right - the cars seem to be the sharper ones. I like the red ducati one - shame it didnt all come out tho :(

ya i had a few more come out decent but these were the better. i will get better after some practice. the light wasn't exactly the best where i was but i made due. also with more light i could have upped my aperture and had a little more d.o.f. . next time i will get a better corner!

i really like the original series of images, and who cares if they aren't perfect. perfect pans aren't easy to come by . . . people still buy them.

chris82 said:
I love these,do you know all the people in/on those machines or were you waiting at the side of the road for them to drive by.If the later is true then I commend your dedication

the later. i did know the guy in the red supra, but i didn't know he was up there until i saw him. i just enjoy watching and why not take some photos. i hope after some practice, i may sell some for a little extra money...maybe.

Ah panning! How much fun is that. You did a wonderful job.

Have you ever tried panning with the delayed flash release? Probably wouldn't work so well for motorcycles and such, but if you ever try with bicycles, works like a charm.

I didn't go over all of your photo's EXIF but I do see you use a shutter speed that is too slow and an aperture that is too wide open which means you need to boost the ISO speed to even 400 or 800 (the 30D can handle it, don't worry). Once you do that, you can pan better and get sharper objects (and still have a nice blurry background).
Here are some samples and on each one you can view the EXIF if you download the files OR click on the image to see the entire gallery that contains EXIF of each image.

([SIZE=-1]Mat Mladin winning the 6th in a row AMA Championship at V.I.R)[/SIZE]

carish1 said:
I didn't go over all of your photo's EXIF but I do see you use a shutter speed that is too slow and an aperture that is too wide open which means you need to boost the ISO speed to even 400 or 800 (the 30D can handle it, don't worry). Once you do that, you can pan better and get sharper objects (and still have a nice blurry background).
Here are some samples and on each one you can view the EXIF if you download the files OR click on the image to see the entire gallery that contains EXIF of each image.

([SIZE=-1]Mat Mladin winning the 6th in a row AMA Championship at V.I.R)[/SIZE]

Ya I should have upped the ISO I somehow managed to not even think about that. Also on my next outting, which should be tomorrow, I am gonna shoot in RAW. I usually do, but this time out I just wanted quantity and to be able to get more shots. Your pics look amazing, once the ISO is bumped up like you said I can use a smaller aperture and have a little more DOF. Thanks a ton!

Good work for your first attempt. Looks like it'll be even better next time if you use Carish1's advice. I love the cobra shot... it looks like the guy is wearing headphones :) I also like the ducati shot. Well done.

Most reactions

Back