First attempt, First post

Bucky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok so I was bored today, and wanted to get a better feel for my camera and photography in general.I tried some settings out
Apature, shutter speed, flash, remote flash, Lightings...stuff like that and I thought that these were the best.
Any comments and tips for me?
(and yes... my sepia choice for the flower would have looked better in colour now that I look at it)

100_0088.jpg

100_0092.jpg

100_0232.jpg

Heya, Bucky!
Welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Thanks for joining and for posting right away.

Only it seems like your little series here does not QUITE follow our guidelines for the CRITIQUE Forum, which is why I shall move it from here to the General Gallery. You get some critique there, too, but in more general remarks --- and a lot more people will SEE you there and get to know you ;). OK?

Oh, and personally I like your DOF and choice of sepia in the last, also the lighting is cool, the subject is a little centred, but I can just about live with that ... as to the second, I pity you took away the colour and replaced it by this intense sepia tone, I am not too happy with it here, for the flowers usually are a nice red ... but well.

The first is pretty.

Bucky! Glad to see you here, hopefully you'll get some more constructive critiques here than on Pinkbike. There are a lot of amazing photographers on this site, Consider the advice that others give but remember it's all about developing your own style. I can't wait to see some MTB photos from you.

J

Yeah the second one really stands out for me, nice shot.

Johno said:
Bucky! Glad to see you here, hopefully you'll get some more constructive critiques here than on Pinkbike. There are a lot of amazing photographers on this site, Consider the advice that others give but remember it's all about developing your own style. I can't wait to see some MTB photos from you.

J

thanks dude
there might end up being more maturity here than on pinkbike... wait... there will definatly be more maturity lol

I actually like the second one. You migth try cropping it just a little. I think that would lighten up the feel a little and make it less harsh.

Hey Dude, I'm feelin #2 too! I like how there's almost a vignette effect around the flowers. I like it, I like it alot. Welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back