first attempt with the filter kit

Islesfan91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
steveston sunset by Tom McKee, on Flickr

was a little disappointed that the front of the boat wasn't in focus, had a number of people walking around on the pier when I was taking the photo and I'm not sure if that affected it, or if it was the movement of the water, or I simply missed the focus, but for a first attempt with the filters I'm reasonable happy with it.

Nicely done; I can't see any major focus issues on the small image (can't get onto Flickr for some reason).

the mast of the boat looks in focus, but must be motion blur on the rest

Yeah I think it is and I'm not sure if the people walking around were enough to cause that, or if it was the motion of the water, but I may have missed the focus as well. Have the next 4 days off so I'll get more practice with these but it was disappointing when I opened it in lightroom.

Tom, I am disappointed the EXIF data was deleted from your Flickr photo. I like the photo and think you did a good job with it and was interested in the camera settings. I was disappointed I couldn't find them...

I think it's something to do with my export settings in lightroom, I'll see if I can fix that, I'd like to have that info as well so I remember what I did for next time!

Beautiful for sure!

With a long exposure that will smooth the water like you have I expect the boat is going to be moving up and down and will not be sharp in the final image. One option is to do one high ISO shot with a faster shutter speed that will stop the slight movement of the boat and then blend that image with the long exposure shot. So something to look at as you try out that new filter kit.

I definitely need to learn how to blend photos, I'll keep that in mind and start doing some reading, thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back