First attempts

Dillard

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm fairly new to photography, but just started shooting people. Please let me know what you think!

Haley by Dillard Stephens, on Flickr

seems to be a yellow glow on her right i am guessing the sun or a light, but i am not a pro or even close but i do like it nice shot

I like it a lot, the colors seem off, but the kind of off I prefer. I would do a soft light layer and then bring the skin areas, I like how that makes red heads hair look. And maybe a high pass also. Something like below but it still needs a couple tweaks.

6261226021_cdc6c2025e.jpg

cut off part of her arm...and she doesn't seem to be in an extremely comfortable position... For me, if there was alittle more on the bottom, it'd be A+.

Regardless of my own personal opinion however, I do like it.

Whoops that one had soft light at 17% opacity looks better at around 50% on the hair IMO.

Thanks guys! I'm still learning photoshop, so the post processing is a whole other task for me to figure out. But thanks for the comments and critiques

Does anyone know any good tutorials for processing?

YOUTUBE!!! Just type in high pass photoshop, that is one of the most common... There's tons of different layers to work with, once you understand the layers though it gets pretty simple. Think of it like an overhead projector, each layer sits on top of the one below it. I think everyone is always still learning photoshop though, it's a pretty strong program.

Most reactions

Back