LeeLeeMelis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Maine-but currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Website
www.mwbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
HI there, here are a couple of baby shots and one of the baby's big sister I took at the clients home earlier this week. Please let me know what you think and what I can work on in both pre and post processing. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• $edit.jpg
    $edit.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 146
  • $edit2.jpg
    $edit2.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 110
  • $edit3.jpg
    $edit3.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 100
Well, the first is very soft, I cannot see if the focus is anywhere. The second is not really sharp, either, and although they say that baby pics may be soft, I am not sure this softness works against an all black background? If they were "highkey" ... then yes. But these are not.

The colour pic of the girl is nice, but presented as a very small version, so it is hard to tell ... her eyes look very clear, though.

I also found the first 2 a little soft but do like them, especially the first one and the one of the girl

I think you have a good eye for detail and compostion, just need to practice a little more. The baby is really cute with that winking eye! As the other posters said, they are soft but are too small to really give alot of help your way. The last one is really nice from what I can see. The girl is beautiful and the color looks good. I personally would have stood her several feet in front of the bushes, ect and had it more of a blurred background, instead it looks kind of snapshot-ish without much DOF. A really nice tight shot of her face filling the frame would have been great to show off personality and those gorgeous eyes. I think you should work with a tripod when possible- it will dramatically increase the sharpness in photos. I know its not very possible with kids or awake babies too much though. Keep it up!

Thank you so much for your help. What do you think of this? Does the post processing make it more of a portrait than a snapshot? I love using my DOF, this little one was moving so much it was hard to change my settings and get her in focus. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• $edit4.jpg
    $edit4.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 107
Nice pp-work, though some of her hair got blurred along with the background, while her little hand (behind the hair!) is sharp. You might want to work on that part (and look at the blurred lock on the left, too).

I'd try that second shot of the feet as a square crop. I like the one of the little girl. It doesn't scream snapshot to me, but there is something about it that seems a little off. Perhaps stellar gal is right and you just need a bit more DOF.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back